Monday, January 14, 2019

Ahoy, Matey Interactive Birthday Card

Hi! Today's card was so much fun to make! I made this for my good friend who is young at heart. I figured this would make him chuckle, and it is interactive, which makes it even more fun. I used Lawn Fawn's Ahoy, Matey stamp set, and used the matching lawn cuts too. I also used the new Lawn Fawn Let's Toast Pull Tab Add-On interactive slider die too ... you will get to see what appears further below! Let's check out this card.

Supply List:
Lawn Fawn Ahoy, Matey stamp set
Lawn Fawn Ahoy, Matey lawn cuts
Lawn Fawn Let's Toast Pull Tab Add-On
Sparkle N Sprinkle Sparkle embossing powder
Lawn Fawn Jet Black ink
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Versamark ink
Gina K Design inks
Anti Static Bag
Versafine Onyx Black ink
Copic markers
Distress inks
Bossy Joscie Crafty Goods Handcrafted By personalized stamp
Nuvo Smooth Precision Glue Pen
Tonic Tangerine machine


I started by stamping out the images, using my Tim Holtz Stamp Platform, and Lawn Fawn's Jet Black ink, a Copic-friendly ink. I colored the images, and then replaced them back inside the stamp platform and inked them up with Versafine Black Onyx ink, and then sprinkled on Sparkle N Sprinkle's Sparkle embossing powder, and heat set them. I then die cut out the images using the matching lawn cuts (dies). I also stamped some of the stamp set images, with brown ink, onto cardstock panels. Then, I cut the edges of the cardstock panels to make the edges look distressed and "old map-like" and then blended some brown distress ink to the edges. I also spritzed a bit of water onto the cardstock panels, and then blotted the water drops away to give some more distressing and texturing to the background cardstock panels. I figured out where I wanted to place my images, and the slider surprise element, and then die cut the slider mechanism and die cut the "slit" portion onto the cardstock background panel. I attached everything together, and my slider was ready!

I die cut the "arrow pull tab" and colored it with blue Copic marker and attached it to the edge of the pull tab mechanism. Here is what happens, when you pull up on the pull tab ... the treasure slides out from behind the palm trees! So much fun!!!

For the inside, I stamped out some sentiments using a Gina K Design ink, and then stamped it again with Versamark ink, and sprinkled on more Sparkle embossing powder and heat set it. I layered it inside the card, and this card was done!

I really enjoyed this card - I like how it turned out, and the interactive piece makes me smile. I hope the birthday boy enjoys his card.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment