Friday, October 27, 2017

Sparkley Stylin' Sayings Brush Strokes Card for Mom (#43/52) {10.27.2017}

Today's card is a bit of a change for me ... because I didn't use any die cutting! I LOVE dies but wanted to stretch myself and create a card without patterned paper and without die cuts to make sure I could actually create something without those two items. Plus, I wanted to do something fun with my Tim Holtz Stamp Platform. So, this is what I came up with. Let's check it out.

The first thing I did was create my card base. I trimmed some blue cardstock using my Tonic Studio 12" Wide Base Craft Guillotine, scored it, and then folded it and used my bone folder to smooth out the crease. Then, I trimmed a white cardstock panel 1/2" smaller than the card base so I would have a 1/4" edge all around the card panel. Then, I positioned the brush stroke image from Sparkle N Sprinkle's Demo Donna's Stylin' Sayings stamp set. Once I had it positioned in the Tim Holtz Stamp Platform, I inked up the brush stroke image with Nuvo Empire Blue hybrid ink and stamped it. I inked up the stamp again, and stamped it again in the same location (great use of the positioner!). Then, I slid the paper the width of the brush stroke stamp, cleaned the stamp, and inked it up with Nuvo Safari Green hybrid ink and stamped it again. I repeated with a second layer of ink, and then slid the paper again, and cleaned the stamp and then inked up with Nuvo Poppy Red hybrid ink, stamped the brush strokes and repeated a second layer. I kept doing this until I covered the entire panel with brush strokes. I then positioned the "confetti splash" stamp from the same stamp set and stamped it with gold and silver inks from my stash. I also stamped out the "Sparkle" sentiment from the stamp set in Versafine Black Onyx ink. Then, I squeezed on some Nuvo Crystal Drops in Woodland Green, Caribbean Ocean, and Strawberry Coulis colors.

I really like using the Tim Holtz Stamp Platform for repeated stamping, and this card was a lot of fun to make.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun and beautiful card and a wonderful use of the TH platform, too...I love that stamp and you have featured it beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete