Thursday, October 26, 2017

Cardz for Galz Favorite Flower Challenge Card {10.26.2017}

Hello! This current challenge at Cardz 4 Galz is Favorite Flower and Why ... My favorite flower is the cherry blossom. I like a LOT of flowers, but the Cherry Blossom is elusive, fragile, short-lived, and serene and peaceful. I love everything about them, except that they don't last long. They are also the flower I tend to use when I want to create a card for somebody who needs a boost or to share peaceful thoughts. They are my definite go-to flower! Here is the card I made.

I created the background by watercoloring some blues onto watercolor paper. When it dried, I die cut it with Lawn Fawn's Stitched Journaling Card for my card panel. I cut a card base from black cardstock. Then, I watercolored more watercolor paper with shades of pink distress inks, and spritzed them with some gold and silver shimmer sprays. I also colored the branches with brown distress inks. Once these dried, I die cut them with a Spellbinders Cherry Blossom dies to create the branches and blossoms.

Here is another shot of the branches and blossoms over the background. I just love these cherry blossoms and can't get enough of these flowers!!

I can't wait to see what all of your favorite flowers are, and hear about why you love them.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card, Chris, with the felt flowers and beautiful background! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete