Monday, November 14, 2016

Sparkle N Sprinkle Festive Lantern in Frame [11.14.2016]

Hi! Today's card is one of my cards showcasing one of Sparkle N Sprinkle's new November release stamps. I used the new Festive Lantern stamp set. Let's peek at the card I made showcasing this fun stamp set!

For this card, I stamped out the lantern image with Versamark Ink and sprinkled on Tuscan Sun embossing powder and heat set it. I die cut the cardstock into an oval. Then, started decorating things up! I wanted the candle to be soft but vibrant. I used markers to add some light behind and around the candle, and then I did something kinda fun and different ... I layered up some embossing powders! I started out by rolling on some adhesive with the Nuvo Glue Pen Fine and dusted on Mediterranean embossing powder and heat set it. Then, I re-rolled out more Nuvo Glue Pen Fine and added more embossing powder. But this time I used Blue Silver embossing powder and heat set it over the original layer. This gave some extra depth to my candle. Then, I squeezed on the Morning Dew Nuvo Crystal Drops over the candle to give it some oomph and shine. I also dabbed on some of the Ripened Pumpkin Nuvo Crystal Drops to the flame. Then, I added in a little squeeze of Dandelion Yellow Nuvo Crystal Drops to the inside part of the flame. Here is what the candle looked like, after all this fun treatment!
To give this card a background and frame it, I decided to use the trusty and awesome Kiss Cut technique. I cut a piece of cardstock, and covered it with strips of 2-1/2" Double sided "Tear-ific" Tape. Then, I ran this through my die cut machine and pulled away the release paper that was cut out. Here is what it looked like at this stage.
I rubbed in Night Sky Sparkle N Soft into these negative areas that I revealed by removing the release paper. This is what it looked like at this stage, before burnishing in the Night Sky Sparkle N Soft.
After I finished burnishing in the Night Sky Sparkle N Soft, I pulled away the rest of the release paper and revealed the actual shape of the frame. I burnished in Ocean glitter into the spaces that were revealed. Here is a close up of what the frame looked like after the kiss cut technique! So pretty :)
I also stamped out the sentiment in Versamark Ink and sprinkled on Black Detail embossing powder and heat set it. Then, I cut it into a rectangle. I swiped on a bit of Nuvo Glue Pen Fine and dusted on Ocean glitter along the edges. This made it connect to the frame as well. And to make it more fun, I squeezed on some Ebony Black Nuvo Crystal Drops along the outsides of the sentiment panel. I also highlighted the "light" in the sentiment with a yellow marker.
This was a really fun card to make and I love how versatile this stamp set is. Let's peek at it one more time for good measure!
I hope you enjoyed this card.
Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!-Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment