Friday, April 22, 2016

Hello Prince Baby Card {04.22.2016}

I made this sweet little card to welcome a friend's new baby boy. 
I wanted to do a soft watercolor card, so I used Lawn Fawn's Stitched Rectangle Stackables to cut a panel from watercolor paper. I stamped the frog image using Lawn Fawn's Hello Baby stamp set, with black waterproof ink. I masked it off, and then stamped the lily pad underneath the frog. After stamping these images, I watercolored the water and the sky background, and then set it aside to dry. After it was dry, I masked the line between the sky and water, and stamped the cattails with brown ink.
I brushed on some Sparkle N Sprinkle Brushable Glue, and then adhered Sparkling Sands sparkle n soft over the cattail images to make them fuzzy and sparkly!

I stamped out the "Hello little prince" sentiment in gold ink, and then heat embossed clear detail embossing powder over it for added shine and dimension.
 I filled in the crown on the frog with gold ink. I wanted to frame the image with gold, so I die cut out a scalloped rectangle and then used a sponge dauber to rub the same gold ink all over the edges to match the crown.
The card was fun to make, and I like how it is soft and pretty, but still created for a little baby boy. This frog image was fun to stamp out and watercolor. I need to bust out my watercolors more!

The new parents enjoyed this card and are excited about their new little bundle.

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day! 

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment