Friday, April 1, 2016

Feel Better Soon Iris {04.01.2016}

Here is a sweet little card with a lot of sparkle!
I made this sweet card as a pick me up to give to somebody who was ill. This card was so much fun to make - and was super sparkly!

I adhered a piece of Sparkle N Sprinkle's 2-1/2" Double-sided Tear-ific Tape over a piece of cardstock and removed the top layer. Then, I rubbed Hawaiian coconut oil soap on the back of an iris stencil, and laid the stencil on top of the revealed tear-ific tape. Then, I pressed Luau Green glitter through the leaves areas. I protected the flower area during this step. After pressing in the glitter and dumping it off, I added Priceless Peacock glitter and pressed it into the flower sections. I dumped off this glitter too. Then, I removed the stencil (easily, due to the Hawaiian soap!), and dusted the rest of the remaining tear-ific tape with Bridal glitter. 
These three glitters really made the iris and background sparkle! I love how glittery and sparkly it turned out. Here is another photo to help show the sparkles.
I stamped the sentiment from Lawn Fawn's Chit Chat stamp set, and die cut it out with coordinating dies. I stamped it with versamark ink, and heat embossed  it with Forest Green embossing powder.


This card was easy and fun,, and really brightened up my friend's day!

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day! 

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment