Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Chipboard Embellishments and Lots of Sparkle & Bling! {04.27.2016}

Hi!! I had another great time playing with Sparkle N Sprinkle and Want 2 Scrap products ... Let's check out what I made:
W2S CE-STYLEE & Nestabling Fleur de Lis Rectangle

I wanted to showcase some Want 2 Scrap chipboard embellishments, and I chose the Chipboard Embellishments Pack of 4 - Style E [CE-STYLE E]. I also incorporated some Nestabling Fleur de Lis Rectangle Turquoise Rhinestone [9017]. I also pulled out one of my favorite Sparkle N Sprinkle stamp sets, Flourishes 1 [00-516P5]. Once I had all these items in front of me, I went to town. The first thing I did, was stamp out flourishes with Versamark Ink Pad [VM-001] onto watercolor paper, and then heat embossed all the flourishes with EP298 White Detail Embossing Powder. Once I had the swirls embossed, I pulled out some distress inks, squished them onto my craft mat, spritzed them with water, then brushed them onto my flourish embossed watercolor paper. I kept layering color until I had enough contrast to help highlight the flourishes. After it dried, I die cut two sizes of the Fleur de Lis rectangles, then adhered the Nestabling Fleur de Lis Rectangle Turquoise Rhinestone [9017] embellishments.
W2S CE-STYLEE & Nestabling Fleur de Lis Rectangle

I layered the two rectangles together, to create some dimension with the rectangles. I also stamped out the "friend" sentiment in black pigment ink, and covered it with Clear Detail Embossing Powder [EP280] on some leftover piece of flourished watercolor paper. I fussy cut out the sentiment and framed it with black paper and layered it within the rectangles too.
W2S CE-STYLEE & Nestabling Fleur de Lis Rectangle

After the rectangles were done, I worked on the chipboard embellishments. I covered two of them with Versamark Ink Pad [VM-001] and heat embossed these embellishments with several layers of EP298 White Detail Embossing Powder. After I had the chipboard solid white, I brushed on some Brushable Glue [540] and randomly layered on Chameleon Glitter [G1137] and Enlightened Blue Glitter [G1136]. These two colors are GORGEOUS together! Swoon! Even though the glitters were stunning, I wanted a bit more of a pop, so I attempted something new to me - I squeezed on a LOT of Dimensional Glue [539] to the glittered swirl embellishments, and let it dry (note, this took over 48 hours to completely dry clear since I had so much glue covering the glitter!). Here is a photo of what it looked like right after applying the Dimensional Glue:
W2S CE-STYLEE & Nestabling Fleur de Lis Rectangle

Here is another photo of what it looked like at about 24 hours of drying.
W2S CE-STYLEE & Nestabling Fleur de Lis Rectangle

Once the embellishments dried, I layered them over the rectangles. Even covered with the dimension glue (which does dry clear), the glitter still sparkled so much! These chipboard embellishments were fantastic!
W2S CE-STYLEE & Nestabling Fleur de Lis Rectangle

I backed the rectangles with black cardstock, and framed the image with cardstock that I edged with 1/4" Double-sided Tear-ific Tape [SAT01]. Once I had the tape adhered to the cardstock, I pulled off the release paper, and pressed in the AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL Enlightened Blue Glitter [G1136] with my finger tool. I used this to frame the entire card. This blue glitter is absolutely stunning!
W2S CE-STYLEE & Nestabling Fleur de Lis Rectangle

This card was really fun, and the colors make me happy. You definitely need to check out these two new glitters. You will be glad you did!
Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day! 
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment