Wednesday, March 16, 2016

St. Patrick's Day Lucky Charm {03.16.2016}

Today's card is Lucky! It is another Sparkle N Sprinkle new release for March. I love the lucky horseshoe :) Let's peek closer.

This card was made from Sparkle N Sprinkle's Lucky Charm Stamp Set 776P5. The image is actually designed with the ends of the horseshoe pointing down, but in my culture, good luck is held in the horseshoe if the ends point UP, so I inverted the horseshoe for this card. I stamped the image on white cardstock, with Versamark ink pad, and heat embossed Silver Lightning Embossing Powder [EP262] on the horseshoe. I used Forest Green Embossing Powder [EP282] on the shamrock clovers. I then stamped it again on a second sheet of paper. I colored both images with Copic markers, and then fussy cut the second image and layered it over the original image. I also stamped out the ribbon multiple times, and colored and fussy cut them. I added a lot of ribbon, to what is now the upper right area, so that it wasn't pointing the wrong direction. You can see the multiple ribbons in this photo.

Because I had multiple images, I also colored and fussy cut out the clovers. I used dimensional foam adhesive and layered the shamrock clovers over the ones on the base panel. I also decorated the shamrock clovers a little bit. I squeezed a drop of Brushable Glue 540 into the center of each, placed one Diamond Green Mesh - Mon 6 [MON6] in the center, and sprinkled some Easy Green Semi-Transparent Glitter [G1077] around too.  

The shamrock clovers were also popped up over the horseshoe to give even more dimension.

I decorated the card with some Pull Ribbon MONR31 - Lime 3 Silver 1 [MONR31] ribbon. This stuff is so awesome! I cut about a 12 inch piece, and then grabbed the two string ends, and PULLED! This makes the ribbon pull into a nice, beautiful, easy bow. I decorated the center of the pull ribbon bow with this flower from my stash. I added little drops of Brushable Glue 540 all over the rose, and added in sprinkles of Easy Green Semi-Transparent Glitter [G1077] to make it look dewy and sparkly.   

I stamped out this sentiment and heat embossed it with Forest Green Embossing Powder [EP282], then I distress inked over it and then die cut it and a frame. I edged the frame with Forest Green Embossing Powder [EP282] as well. I also added a line of Pearl Mesh - Small [MON21]. This framed the sentiment really well!

Here is another shot of the ribbons that I stamped, embossed, and layered around the edge of the horseshoe. I love how the Silver Lightning Embossing Powder [EP262] really sparkles!

And, one more shot of the card, for good luck! This card has a lot of green and sparkle, just right up my alley!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day! 

Chris

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty card with all the layers and sparkle. The ribbon, flowers and embellishments are gorgeous too, Chris.

    ReplyDelete