Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Happy Graduation! (08/26/2015)

Wow! We have had a lot of graduations to celebrate this year. Here are some graduation cards and enveopes I made to celebrate two of our friends, who graduated from college:


One of our friends is a woman, and likes pretty things, while the other is male. I struggle with masculine cards, but wanted to make the cards in a similar color palette due to the college colors. I went with vertical stripes for the masculine card. I stamped out vertical stripes and then covered it with Blue Silver Embossing Powder EP446 from Sparkle N Sprinkle. They have the most amazing embossing powders and glitters! I heat set the stripes, and then layered my other elements onto it.

Here is a closeup of the stripes and the mortarboard and year. I used Lawn Fawn's Hats Off to You stamp set and matching dies

And, the front for the woman's card. I liked the little circle dots - feminine, yet subtle for a background. I used Sparkle N Sprinkle's Clear Detail Embossing Powder EP280 here. Also, I used Lawn Fawn's Scripty Congrats die on both. I used a heat laminater to foil the silver onto the sentiment. I used Lawn Fawn's Louie's 123s for the year, and also foiled those. I did this for both cards.
Here is the inside. I did them both the same. I used Lawn Fawn's So Much To Say stamp set for the inside sentiment. I heat embossed the sentiment with Sparkle N Sprinkle's White Detail Embossing Powder EP298.  I also used Sparkle N Sprinkle's Flourishes 1 Stamp Set 516 to add some happy flourish swirls along the edges. 


Here is a closeup of the sentiment from Lawn Fawn's So Much To Say in Sparkle N Sprinkle's White Detail Embossing Powder EP298

I used Alt E New's Invisible Alpha set to stamp the graduates' names on the envelopes. I also blended some ink using a swirl and a gear stencil. 

The graduates enjoyed their day, and it was really fun to celebrate their huge accomplishments! Congratulations Taylor and Ashley :) We are so proud of you!

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day! 

Chris

1 comment:

  1. Both of these look amazing! Love the subtle differences and your envelopes look great.

    ReplyDelete