Friday, April 10, 2015

Hello & Thinking Of You Card (04/10/2015)

A friend of mine had surgery recently, and we went to visit after he got home. I made this Hello card to let him know we were thinking of him:

This card was made with LOTS of layers! I used a ton of stencils, and distress inks. I cut a card panel, and covered it with a really light coat of tumbled cloud distress ink, and then layered the gear stencil over my panel. I then added another layer of the tumbled glass distress ink and removed the stencil. The background showed the gears and then I kept going. I used darker distress inks in the blue shades, including broken china and salty ocean. I also layered on a radio wave stencil and added in some mowed lawn ink. I used all sorts of circle-type stencils, and then finished it off with the last layer of circle swirls and colored with picked raspberry. LOTS of colors!
Here is another angle:
I used Lawn Fawn's Scripty Hello die cut to cut out the sentiment. I cut it in black cardstock, and also a few more in white. I layered them up so that the hello die was popped up, with the white underneath.  I also added in some glossy accents to the black cardstock to give the sentiment a little dimension:

I also did the inside. I cut out two panels and colored them with distress inks and adhered them inside the card. I stamped a sentiment from Lawn Fawn's Chit Chat stamp set in a Memento Luxe pigment ink, covered it with Sparkle N Sprinkle's Sparkle Semi-Transparent embossing powder and heat set it.

Here is a close up of the sentiment:

Our friend is recovering well, and it was fun to show him that we were thinking of him.

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment