Monday, March 16, 2015

Thanks (03/16/2015)

A simple Thank You can really go a LOOONG way! I truly believe in the power of thanking people, for going the extra mile, and for even doing their own job and for doing what is right. I recently had the pleasure of seeing incredible professionals in action, while a loved one was in the hospital. These true heros took such great care of my friend, and I was compelled to create a Thank You card to send them afterwards to let them know how much their hard work meant to me and my family. Here is the card I made:



I wanted something a little different, so I created a card using Lawn Fawn's Stitched Party Banner set. I die cut two pieces in the solid blue color as the card base, and scored one about 1/2" from the top, added some dry adhesive, and adhered the two pieces together to create a top-folding card. 

I cut some patterned paper using the smaller banner, and layered them together and adhered them to the card base. I used the circle die to cut a circle on white card stock covered with Sparkle N Sprinkle's 2-1/2" Tear-ific Tape. I then used Lawn Fawn's Scripty Thanks die to cut out the sentiment from the die cut circle. I also layered more Tear-ific tape over cardstock and cut out the Scripty Thanks again. Then, I peeled off the release paper to reveal the Tear-ific adhesive, and burnished in some Sparkle N Sprinkle Hanauma Bay glitter on the Scripty Thanks sentiment and some crystal glitter on the circle. I inlaid the glittered Thanks into the negative space in the circle, and adhered it together. This is what it looks like close up:


I am in LOVE with this Hanauma Bay glitter from Sparkle N Sprinkle! It is an Opaque glitter and has so much depth to it! This glitter sparkles and glistens, and is amazing! I LOVE it!

I hope this thank you helps these health professionals know how much their kindness and support helped my family through a stressful ordeal. They made it an amazing experience!

If you haven't, please make sure you thank your first responders, your health care professionals, your service men and women, and everybody else who works hard to make all of our lives better, safer, and healthier! They are the true heros!

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

1 comment:

  1. Your thank you card is beautiful. Love all the glitter you added and I'm sure the recipients really appreciated your kindness.

    ReplyDelete