Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Cherry Blossoms Mixed Media (03/11/2015)

I haven't done a lot of mixed media type creations, but I just HAD TO! And, this is what I did ... have I said yet that I am crazy about cherry blossoms? Yep, I do ... and I just can't get enough of them in crafting projects ... so, of course that is what I used for a mixed media project. Let's peek at it, shall we?



One of our local art stores had an art show for charity. The art store donated 6x6 canvases and the rules were we had to do something in/on the 6x6 canvas. I of course whipped out my favorite cherry blossom die (Spellbinders Cherry Blossoms) and made all sorts of blossoms, and added some glitter. 

I also used a cloud stencil and used distress inks to add some clouds to the background. After that, I layered on the branches and blossoms, and adhered everything. 

Easy peasy, and so much fun! I love this ... and it sold at the art auction, so hopefully somebody is enjoying it! 

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

1 comment: