Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Thank You Card "Sampler" (02/22/2012)

Today's card is a happily little "Sampler" of several new techniques for me.  I attend as many of the weekly Demos at Stampadoodle as I can.  Recently, Wendy, the owner, did a demo on washi tape.  She showed us a beautiful, amazing piece of art she did using washi tape and a circle punch.  She completely covered 4x4 pieces of paper with washi tape, and then punched a circle, spun the circle image within the space created, then re-punched another circle overlapping it (kinda like a Venn diagram!).  I tried this technique but used a rectangle instead of square, and used two different sized circle dies to cut the circles.  Here is the card:


I also wanted to try other embellishments, so I adhered sticky tape across the bottom and sprinkled fine glitter.  I also put blue, aqua and purple rhinestones on the left side of the card, a ribbon across the top, and did clear embossing on the Lawn Fawn Many Thanks sentiment.  I love Lawn Fawn!  And, my friend Mary gave me this stamp set, so I had to make a thank you using it to thank her for her incredibly generous and wonderful gift!  I also put little Pearl dots around the sentiment, and across the top of the card.  And, just to add a little more sparkle, I circled the sides and top of the card with a Martha Stewart glitter glue.  

Here is a close up of the Many Thanks sentiment with clear embossing.


I had a lot of fun making this card - and Mary loved it!

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment