Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Birthday "sampler" (02/29/2012)

Hi!  Today is another great day, and I have another card to share.  Today's card is another "sampler" of some techniques using washi tape and circle punches.  This time, I adhered the washi tape at random angles and completely covered the rectangle in all different tapes.  Then, I cut out circles with my Cuttlebug and Spellbinders Circles dies.

I needed something to pull all the washi tape and colors together, so I tucked a vertical strip of black and white polka dot ribbon around the panel, and edged the panel with Martha Stewart glitter glue.  I used the amazing and wonderful Lawn Fawn Bake Me a Cake set, which I puffy heart !  I did a little copic marker coloring to give the cake some color, and adhered rhinestones in the candles to make them glow & flicker a little.  I cut the sentiment label using Spellbinders dies.  I used Distress Ink to soften the stark white of the sentiment label, and used it to ink the edges.  Here is a close up of the cake and embellishments.



I found a "Happy Birthday" sticker in my ol' stash-a-roo, and adhered it on the bottom of the card as well.  All in all, this is a busy but colorful card, and it was fun to make while I was trying some newer techniques.

I also made an envelope for this card, using a large sheet of blue circle paper.  Gotta love making envelopes out of fun and funky paper!

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment