Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Sparkle N Sprinkle Roses In My Heart Mixed Media [02.07.2018]

Hello from Designer Chris! Today's project is a mixed media card using the new Roses In My Heart stamp set. Let's check it out!

Supply List:
Roses In My Heart stamp set [00-879P6]
Ornate Greetings stamp set [00-880P5]
Silver Lightning embossing powder [EP262]
Heliotrope embossing powder [EP310]
Super Thick Silver embossing powder [EP467]
Surf glitter [G1117]
Rapture Blue glitter [G1078]
Pink Fizz glitter [GM2050]
Gecko glitter [GM2045]
Cloud Nine glitter [GM2000]
Tonic Jasmine Sunset Layering Die Collection [1110e]
Nuvo Midnight Shadows Glitter Marker 3 Marker set [172N]
Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive [200N]
Versamark ink [VM-001]
Anti Static Bag [99512]
Sakura Glue Pen [Quicky]
Tonic Tangerine machine
Tim Holtz Distress Inks


I started out by using my Tonic Tim Holtz Stamp Platform to stamp the heart from Roses In My Heart stamp set onto watercolor paper. I treated my paper with my Anti Static Bag first, then inked up the stamp with Versamark ink, and stamped it. I sprinkled on Silver Lightning embossing powder and heat set it.


Here is a closeup of the rose part of the image after it was heat set! So pretty!


Then I started watercoloring ... I squished some distress inks onto my Tonic Easy Clean Craft Mat. I spritzed a bit of water onto each ink splotch to create my watercolors. I brushed them onto the roses and leaves. This photo helps show how I created the distress ink watercolors.


I used my Tangerine to cut a mat board on which to create my mixed media project. I used the Tonic Jasmine Sunset Layering Die set to create this funky squareish board. I painted Gesso over the base and then started all my layers (mixed media has a lot of layers - the  most the better!). I ripped some dictionary pages into pieces and gessoed them onto the board too. I swiped all three colors of the Midnight Shadows glitter marker pens (teal, blue, and silver) onto areas of the base as well, and spritzed them with water. They dilute really well (I didn't know what would happen, but I gave it a whirl and it worked out really well!). I swiped and spritzed a bit until I got what felt right. I laid down a brick stencil and stenciled on some embossing paste. Another hint with mixed media - little bits of things all over the board are good, so I did just a bit of brick stenciling. Once I pulled away the stencil, I sprinkled on Surf glitter over the still-wet embossing paste. The glitter stuck to it really well too. I also laid a strip of lace across the bottom part of the board and gessoed over it too to anchor it down.


I wanted to add some more sparkle to the base, so I created a little mound of white embossing paste on my Easy Clean Craft Mat, then sprinkled on some Rapture Blue glitter. I stirred it together and created some glittery paste.


Here is a close up of what the glitter paste looked like. I stenciled it through a dot stencil. The glitter worked really well in the embossing paste.


I also added some adhesive to the paper flowers. I squeezed some Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive onto my Easy Clean Craft Mat. I brushed on the glue onto the petal edges. Then, I sprinkled on Cloud Nine glitter. 


Here is a photo of what the flower looked like after the glitter was applied and the adhesive dried. The adhesive dries clears, so this is a perfect way to add any type of glitter or sparkle to flower petals! 


I used my Tonic Tim Holtz Stamp Platform to stamp out one of the sentiments from the Ornate Greetings stamp set, which is another new January reveal stamp set! It is perfect. I treated my cardstock with my Anti Static Bag and stamped the sentiment with Versamark ink. I sprinkled on Heliotrope embossing powder and heat set it. Then I fussy cut around the sentiment and blended some ink over the cardstock to give it some depth. I also swiped more Versamark ink along the edges and added more Silver Lightning embossing powder and heat set it. I also added on some Super Thick Silver embossing powder around the sentiment and I heat set it. These pieces of embossing powder are pretty thick and chunky so it is best to heat the paper from below to keep the embossing powder from flying around. 


Here is a photo of the roses after I colored them with the watercolors, and then I glittered them up! I rolled out some adhesive from my Sakura Glue Pen. I sprinkled on Pink Fizz glitter to the roses and Gecko glitter to the leaves.


Here is a another close up of how light and sparkly the spritzed Midnight Shadow Glitter pens look. The color seeped into the burlap strip and it made it look pretty cool.


I had fun with this mixed media project, and the Roses in the Heart and Ornate Greetings stamp sets are amazing. I can't wait to see what you do with them, or any of our other stamp sets. Remember to post your creations in our Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge. The February Challenge opened on February 1 and runs through February 25. Our challenge is on Facebook. Go find it, and post your amazing creations!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

1 comment:

  1. I can tell you had fun with this one Chris! Love all the dimension and texture you have going on here. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete