Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Sparkle N Sprinkle Hanging Girlfriend Support Card {04.12.2017}

Here is a copy of the post that I have on the Sparkle N Sprinkle blog today! Thanks Sparkle N Sprinkle for letting me post a copy to my blog as well. 


Hi from Designer Chris! I LOVE the Girlfriend Support Set #2 stamp set!! I designed a card that allowed the main image of the fun undergarments hanging from a clothes line kinda suspended in mid-air! Let's check it out!!! 

This card base is a Z-fold card made out of acetate, with a pop-out section in the upper third of the card where the items are hanging from the clothesline. This is a little hard to see in these photos, but it was is cool in person! Here is another shot of the card which shows how the clothesline is at the front of the card. 

I created the card base from acetate, and then covered several panels with white cardstock. I also used ALL of the sentiments in this stamp set! They are all so great ... below is one of the sentiments. I also stamped out the image in light pink ink across the card panel to give it some depth. I treated my cardstock with my Anti Static Bag, then stamped the sentiment with Versamark Ink. I sprinkled on Berry Bliss embossing powder and heat set it. After I created sentiments for each rectangle section of the card, I also swiped more Versamark Ink along the edges, sprinkled on Silver Bells embossing powder and heat set it. This gave each card panel a bit of a border. So fun! 

I stamped out the image with black ink and sprinkled Clear Detail embossing powder over it, and heat set it. Then, I colored the images with Crystal Drops (see farther below for details on that!). Here is a close up image of those amazing images!! 

Here is another close up of the bra on the clothesline. I colored the bow with Crystal Drops and squeezed on some Dandelion Yellow Crystal Drops to the polka dots on this image. So fun! 

And, another sentiment! Again, I treated my cardstock with my Anti Static Bag, then stamped the sentiment with Versamark Ink. I sprinkled on Berry Bliss embossing powder and heat set it. All these sentiments are so cool. I had to use them all :) 

And, finally, a little shot in how I PAINTED with the Crystal Drops. I wanted a soft color for the undergarments. I wasn't sure if this would work, but I gave it a go, and it turned out really great! I squeezed out a little drop or two of each of the Crystal Drops that fit my color scheme onto my craft mat. I used Carnation PinkStrawberry Coulis, and Dandelion Yellow. I also pulled out Ripened Pumpkin but didn't use it, even though I LOVE it! I spritzed the drops with my water mister and stirred each drop with a brush. This thinned out the drops. I then used my paintbrush to paint each color onto the images that I had stamped and heat embossed. 

Here is a close up of the largest image, right after I painted it. I let it dry before painting the adjacent sections. Even though the embossing powder acts as a barrier between the two colored areas, I didn't want the colors to bleed if I accidentally slopped over the edges! I really liked painting with thinned out Crystal Drops and will definitely be doing this again! 

So glad you joined me and checked out this card. It was really fun to make and I might have to make this type of card again! 

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day! 

-Chris 

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

1 comment:

  1. Wow wow WOW! Chris, you went all out! I love that you combined all the sentiments together. I never would have thought of that, and it is a fantastic way of cheering up a girl friend, wishing them get well wishes, or letting them know that you care. TERRIFIC coloring wit the drops - I have not thought of that, and it sure does make a fun finish atop the painted portion! Thanks for all the great photos so that I could see the details up close and personal (pun for the girly underwear). I admire the way you used the acetate - so slippery for my fumble fingers, but nothing says WOW like the acetate! Happy Easter! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete