Monday, February 27, 2017

Wobbly Ruff You Card {02.27.2017}

I made a little card for my sweet baboo. I was inspired by Tim Holtz's Crazy Dogs stamp set, and I had to make something silly and fun. We have two crazy and exuberant doggies, and this stamp kinda looks like one of our pups. I colored this doggie like one of ours. I also put the doggie on an action wobble, so it bobs around. Again, kinda like one of our pups! I stamped the image, then colored him with Copic markers.

After I colored him, I stamped him again, using a stamp positioner, in black ink and then sprinkled on Sparkle N Sprinkle's Clear Detail embossing powder and heat set it. I like to do this after I color since sometimes alcohol markers and embossing powder don't play well together. Using a stamp positioner makes it really easy. You can the embossing powder better in this photo - I changed up the lighting from the photo above to make the embossing powder show up better. After doing the embossing powder, I die cut out the doggie using the matching die. Then, I mounted him on a die cut circle, attached the action wobble, and layered up with some patterned paper.

Here is one of our pups, the one I modeled this card after. He is a handful and very entertaining. He is a lot of fun and we are so lucky to have him as part of our family.


This was a really fun card to make, and I think it brightened up my sweet baboo's day. He is a lot of fun, and I wanted to make him something to let him know I think the world of him.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun card Chris. Like your tip on the embossing with the coloring. Know what you mean! Great coloring on this little pup - it does look like your sweet little doggie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card, I just love these doggie stamps, they are on my 'wish list'...and your real doggie is just as cute, well cuter actually, lol...nothing like the 'real' thing...I sure do miss my dog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! How cute with those big blue eyes and sweetheart collar! LOL Really great card, and looks like your puppy! There is nothing like the love of fur babies - having them in our lives is humbling and enlightening! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete