Monday, February 13, 2017

Bunny Spinner Card {02.13.2017}

I have seen spinner cards on blogs and in stores, but never made one ... until today! This is my first (and not last) spinner card. Let's check it out!

The stamp set I used has this bunny stamp, with a "front" of the bunny and the "back" of the bunny, along with a die piece. The bunny shapes are the same, so once die cut and layered together, the front and back perfectly line up. Here is the back of the bunny. The egg is the same shape from front and back.

To make the card, I stamped out the images, colored them, die cut them, and then die cut holes in the card front and panel to allow the bunny to spin. I adhered the bunny and egg onto a piece of thread, and then adhered the thread underneath the card panel onto the front of the card base. I twisted the bunny and egg and held them when I closed the card and slid it into the envelope. When the recipient pulls it out and opens the card, the bunny and egg spin! It is really fun!

I also stamped a sentiment in the inside of the card. I strategically placed it where it wouldn't show when the card was closed.


This card was fun to make, and sure brings a huge smile to my face. Now that I have made a spinner card, I can see how I can adapt almost any image and die to make a spinner card with whatever I have laying around in my stash. Easy peasy and fun! Give it a try!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

2 comments:

  1. Super cute Chris. Love spinner cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness, what a cute, cute card....a spinner, I have never made one and have to give it a try...so adorable!

    ReplyDelete