Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Retirement Congrats Card (06/17/2015)

My college's president is retiring, and she has been a fabulous leader for many years. She loves to garden and has the most amazing flowers blooming year round. I created a card for her highlighting flowers, inspired by a recent post on Sandy Allnock's blog ... which I can't find right now. My apologies to Sandy!

I used Lawn Fawn's Stitched Journaling Card to die cut out paper. I stamped two of the flowers from Judy's Blooms (which might be a retired set!). I colored them in with Copic markers. Here is the card:

I also layered Sparkle N Sprinkle's Tear-ific Tape on some white cardstock, then die cut it with Lawn Fawn's Scripty Congrats die. I peeled up the release paper on the sentiment, and sprinkled Sparkle N Sprinkle's Glistening Emeralds Sparkle N Soft (SS102) on the top and used my finger tool to lightly press the sparkle n soft into the adhesive. Here are some close ups. This first one below really shows the depth of the soft fuzziness:

This photo below, in different light, really shows the sparkles and depth of the color in the sparkle n soft medium. It is much brighter in real life, like this image below - but the image above (taken in muted light) helps show how fun and fuzzy it is!
After I colored in the flowers and the background, i wanted a little more ... so I pulled out a white gel pen and added some texture and fun. I have never Zentangled, so this is as close as I have come, but it was fun to add a little something to the flowers. I also added some Wink of Stella to cover the purple flowers for extra pizazz!

When my card panel was done, I layered it onto Lawn Fawn's Navy Notecard and called it good :)

Then, out came the TCW Mini Hummingbirds stencil (I am kinda on a hummingbird kick lately!) and quickly stenciled an envelope with distress inks. I also used Alt E New's Invisible Alpha stamp set to spell out the name on the envelope. I love this stamp set - it is just the right size and pop for envelopes! 

Here is a close up of the hummingbird:
 

I hope Patty enjoys her retirement! Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day! 

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment