Monday, June 29, 2015

Nephew Graduation Cards (06/29/2015)

Today's cards are two cards I made for my nephews' high school graduations. One nephew is in Alaska, the other is in Oregon. School colors were black & gold for one, and blue & silver for the other. Let's check out the cards, shall we? Here is the first card, in black & gold school colors:
 Both cards were made the same way, they look like mortar boards. The "top" has the tassel and the year. Here is a photo of one "top" and one "bottom" for each card:
To make these cards, I started with a 12" x 12" piece of paper, and scored the paper at 3" and again at 9". I turned the paper 90 degrees, and scored at the same measurements again. This created a 6" x 6" square in the middle, and then I folded up the edges. I used a circle die to use as a trace/guide to cut the edges on each of the three inch edges, so they would fold together. You can see that in the photo above as well.

I used Lawn Fawn's Quinn's 123s Lawn Cuts for the year numbers on top of the mortar board, and Quinn's ABCs Lawn Cuts for the names on the envelopes, to cut out some metallic foiled cardstock I created.



 

 I also created a tassel, using embroidering floss, in coordinating colors for each card. Here is a close up of one of them:


The inside of each card was stamped with Lawn Fawn's So Much To Say stamp set, and Sparkle N Sprinkle's Flourishes 1 - Stamp Set 516 to help decorate the inside.





I can't believe these two young men are both HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATES already. I remember the day they were each born! Where has the time gone?

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day! 

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment