Saturday, August 12, 2017

Sparkle Silhouette Card for Mom (#32/52) {08.11.2017}

Hi! This card for Mom was fun to make, and I got to use my NEW Tim Holtz Stamp Platform! I love silhouette stamps, but sometimes they can be difficult to stamp out well since there is so much solid areas that need to stamp. But, tada ... the Tim Holtz Stamp Platform solves that! Plus, the Tim Holtz Stamp Platform has a reversible lid, so you can switch between rubber stamps and clear stamps super quickly and easily :) I placed my red cardstock panel into my Tim Holtz Stamp Platform and placed my stamps where I wanted them. I used Sparkle N Sprinkle's Sparkle Brighter stamp set. I lowered the lid, picked up the stamps onto the lid, and then inked the stamps with Versafine Onyx Black ink. I re-inked and re-stamped several times to get a nice even coverage on the silhouette gal! Once I had the image stamped perfectly, I sprinkled Sparkle N Sprinkle's Sparkle embossing powder and heat set it. This gave the silhouette and sentiment a nice sparkle and shine!
 

Here is a close up of the sentiment covered with the Sparkle embossing powder too. I loved that I could make the sparkle sentiment sparkle!!!

And then to finish off the card, I added on some Checkers and Super Thick Silver embossing powders from Sparkle N Sprinkle. I heat set these (from the bottom!). I sprinkled on a bit more of these chunky powders and kept adding until I felt like I had a good thing going. These thick powders are really fun to use. I love them!

I think Mom will like this - it is a little different than I normally do, but I really wanted to use a silhouette stamp with my NEW Tim Holtz Stamp Platform (which I LOVE LOVE LOVE!) and this card was the perfect card to use the Tim Holtz Stamp Platform on. I will be using it pretty much every time I stamp anything out from now on!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card for Mom once again...love the uniqueness of this card with all the awesome details!

    ReplyDelete