Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Sparkle N Sprinkle Autumn Berry Wreath card {08.30.2017}

Hi! Designer Chris, with my latest card showing one of the amazing Sparkle N Sprinkle August release stamp sets! I chose the Autumn Berry Wreath stamp set to highlight for this month. Wow! What a gorgeous stamp set, it is such a beautiful wreath! Swoon! Let's check out my card, shall we? 

I stamped the wreath, using my NEW (and incredible!) Tonic Studio Tim Holtz Stamping Platform onto watercolor paper, using Versamark Ink, after treating the paper with the Anti Static Bag. Because the watercolor surface is uneven, it was super helpful to stamp multiple times in the exact same spot using the Tonic Studio Tim Holtz Stamping Platform! After having a solid image stamped, I sprinkled on Copper Dreams embossing powder and heat set it. This made the most gorgeous wreath! I watercolored it with watercolor markers. 

I treated a piece of vellum with my Anti Static Bag, then stamped on the sentiment, again using the Tonic Studio Tim Holtz Stamping Platform. I sprinkled on more Copper Dreams embossing powder and heat set it. When heat setting on vellum, warm up your embossing tool before moving it onto the vellum. This reduces warping. I stretched the vellum sentiment across the watercolor paper panel, and adhered the vellum underneath the panel. 

I created the card base with orange cardstock. I placed a flourish stamp from the Flourishes One stamp set into my Tonic Studio Tim Holtz Stamping Platform. I "inked it up" with Nuvo Glue Pen Large and then stamped the adhesive onto the card base. I let the ink dry to tacky and then rubbed on Nuvo Sunkissed Copper Gilding Flakes. I rubbed in the flakes, then used a stencil brush (stiff brush) to brush off all the rest of the gilding flakes. Ya gotta really get in there and give it quite a brushing to remove all the gilding flakes that aren't stuck down. This reveals all the great detail of the image. So beautiful! 

I think this is an absolutely gorgeous wreath stamp set. I know you will love it too! It is versatile, beautiful, and a lot of fun to use. Enjoy! 

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day! 

-Chris 

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully created Chris, I love the stamps stamped in Verasmark and then sprinkled with EB powder, it sets off the wreath so beautifully!! And of course the use of vellum is a favorite of mine, too..a gorgeous card!
    Diane {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty fall card. The copper embossing powder is the perfect choice for this wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely, Chris! So sparkly, and that EP is a rich, wonderful color! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete