Thursday, August 17, 2017

Cardz 4 Galz Cats Challenge Card {08.17.2017}

Hi! Here is today's card for the current Cardz 4 Galz Challenge #54, which is "Cats / Kittens." And, um, if there can be Christmas in July, there can definitely be Halloween in August! So, yes, please, any cat card I am going to make will be HALLOWEEN themed! Woot woot! Halloween is my favorite holiday and I love it. So, here is my card, featuring a spooky cat in a witch hat, ready for Halloween :)

I used Lawn Fawn's Critters in Costume (which might have been recently retired, sorry!) and stamped out the cat in the witch hat using my Tim Holtz Stamp Platform. I stamped the cat with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Then, I colored the image with Copic markers. I then replaced my cardstock back in my Tim Holtz Stamp Platform and restamped the image, but this time using Versafine Black Onyx ink. This ink stays wet longer, so it works great with embossing powder. After I stamped it with the Versafine Black Onyx ink, I sprinkled on Sparkle N Sprinkle's Sparkle embossing powder and heat set it. This gave the image a teeny bit of sparkle, and was really fun! Then, I die cut the image using the matching dies. I die cut the banner and circle using Lawn Fawn's Stitched Party Banner die set from patterned paper. For the orange circle cardstock, I stamped two of the little candies from the Critters in Costume stamp set in Versafine Black Onyx ink and sprinkled on Sparkle N Sprinkle's Sparkle embossing powder and heat set it. I stamped the star using Versamark Ink and sprinkled on Golden Sparkle and heat set that too.  I also stamped the candy corn stamp using Versamark Ink onto the purple banner, and sprinkled on Tangy Tangerine embossing powder and heat set it. I did this to add some additional interest to the background paper. I also decided to jazz up the cat's witch hat a bit. I rolled on some Nuvo Glue Pen Small tip, and sprinkled on Hanauma Bay glitter on the purple hat band and Starry Night glitter.

To kinda add some more black and tie all the colors together, I matted the banner with black, and used Lawn Fawn's Put a Bow On It to die cut a sweet little bow. I shaped the bow, adhered it together, and adhered it to the card. This added just a touch of fun and interest to the card. I layered all of this over another panel made from patterned paper, and layered it all over a card base.

Here is a close up of the candy corn images stamped out on the purple patterned paper, and heat set with Tangy Tangerine embossing powder. I just love that orange and purple together! 

I look forward to see what you create for Cardz 4 Galz's Challenge #54: Cats / Kittens.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun Halloween card with the adorable and super cute kitty and of course all that glorious sparkle is fabulous as well!! A fun challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute Chris! Lots of fun sparkle here for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sparkling, colorful, fabulous Halloweenie kitty! It's quite the cosmic, psychedelic, retro-candyish background of fabulous textures and colors! Wonderful shapes, too, Chris. I especially like that your purring Halloween kitty is decked out in candy corn attire! LOL huggers, de

    ReplyDelete