Thursday, August 31, 2017

Cardz 4 Galz Kraft Challenge / Masculine Birthday Card {08.31.2017}

Hi! Today's card is for the current Cardz 4 Galz Challenge: Kraft. I was really excited about this challenge because I like kraft cardstock, but don't use it enough. Also, I needed to create a masculine birthday card, so these two aligned perfectly! I made this bicycle birthday card for my friend, using kraft. Let's check it out!

I stamped out a bicycle, from an old stamp set I had in my stash. The birthday boy REALLY likes bikes, so I finally had a great excuse to use this old set. I stamped the image with dark brown ink on kraft cardstock. I then covered the image with Glossy Accents glue to give it some dimension. Here is a close up.

I layered the card panel over patterned paper. I also stamped out the sentiment, in gold pigment ink and then sprinkled on Sparkle N Sprinkle's Clear Detail embossing powder and heat set it. This made the sentiment even more bold. Yet, I still felt like the sentiment was a little bit lost on the kraft. So, I ink blended a brown ink over the kraft cardstock to darken it which gave more contrast to the gold sentiment. Here is a close up of that!

And, the inside! I was crafting with a friend, and totally don't remember what this stamp set was that I borrowed for the sentiment. I stamped the "Happy" in the gold ink and again sprinkled on Sparkle N Sprinkle's Clear Detail embossing powder and heat set it. This was another nice contrast to the black ink part of the sentiment.

I am not super great with masculine cards or using patterned paper ... so this was a fun challenge to use kraft as my integral feature, make it masculine, and add in some patterned paper. I like how this turned out, and the birthday boy really liked it!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

4 comments:

  1. Whoa! I admire that carefully applied glossy accents, Chris! Steady hands for sure! It's a delightful card. Your cardstock is so much more richly colored than mine. My package says "kraft" but it doesn't look like yours. What brand is yours? It's a darling birthday card, and your friend will love it! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love this card Chris. Fabulous male card. Great layout and I especially love the stamping on the edge. Finishes it off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card, and great use of the Kraft card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous masculine card both inside and out!!

    ReplyDelete