Friday, February 26, 2016

Sending Hugs {02.26.2016}

Lots of people I know are getting sick, or have had some medical struggles. I made this card for a co-worker so that we could all send our thoughts as she got better. Let's check it out.

I created a watercolor wash on some watercolor paper for the background. The focal point of the card was the sentiment banner, with flowers surrounding it. I used Lawn Fawn's Penelope's Blossoms and matching die cuts. I stamped out flowers and stems with assorted pigment inks, and then die cut them. I also stamped out and die cut the banner from the same set. I stamped out the "sending hugs" sentiment from the On the Mend stamp set. Here is a closeup of the flowers and banner.
I also decorated the inside. For this, I used the bandaid image from the On the Mend stamp set, and another sentiment.

Our friend enjoyed this card and having us all visit while she was recovering. It was fun to make and share! 

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day! 

Chris

1 comment:

  1. This is really cute. Love all the lovely spring blossoms. Was sure to put a smile on the receiver's face! Fun inside too!

    ReplyDelete