Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Disco Fever Shaker {02/10/2016}

I am beyond thrilled to be joining Sparkle N Sprinkle as a Designer. Sparkle N Sprinkle has incredible products, and Margaret, the owner, is just the most wonderful lady, and the entire design team and all the folks behind the scenes are amazing!

Today's card is from the Disco Fever (digi version DIGI772) stamp. I wanted to make a frameless shaker card, but needed a solid base. I printed out the pre-colored image of the disco dancing gal on white cardstock. And, lo and behold, my printer was just on the verge of running out of ink. Her boots ended up being streaked due to my printer ink issues, but I really loved the look of it and decided to embrace it because it fit with the theme. She has some funky boots!
Disco Fever Shaker
After printing her out, I fussy cut around her and the sentiment I also printed out. I kept a large base beneath her feet. After cutting her out, I added two of the new, incredibly awesome neon glitters to the sentiment. I used the Quicky Sakura Glue Pen to add the glue in each letter, and then added in Exulted! Pink Glitter [G1132] and Energized! Orange Glitter [G1133].
Disco Fever Shaker  

Here is another view of the sentiment. The two glitters were perfect for this card. I love these neon glitters!!!
 

Another newer product that was the perfect embellishment for this card is the Super Thick Silver Enameled Embossing Powder [EP467]. I swiped a Versamark Ink Pad [VM-001] along the edges of my card front base, and sprinkled on the Super Thick Silver Enameled Embossing Powder [EP467]. I also scattered a bit of the pieces of chunky embossing powder across the front as well. I heated the powder from below (it will fly off if heated from above), until it melted. It formed little puddles of silver on the front, and created a nice, thick framed edge.
Disco Fever Shaker
Here is another photo of the base with the edging and puddles of the awesome thick embossing powder:Disco Fever Shaker
I made the shaker portion of the card with plastic and silver sequins from my stash. I layered the disco dancer on top of the shaker, and added a rectangle base on the back to help give it some bulk. Then, to give some frame to the edge of the shaker portion, I laid down a strip of 1/2" Double-Sided "Tear-ific" Tape [SAT04], half of it across the front, and wrapped the other half around the back. Kinda like a serger seam or something. I also laid a strip of Diamond Mesh Silver [MON3] on top of the Tear-ific Tape on the front. I sprinkled on some Silver Sonic Velvet Glitter (microfine) [GM2002] and burnished it in with my finger tool. Here is what it looks like up close:
Disco Fever Shaker
This disco dancing, fun lovin' gal is after my heart. I hope you enjoyed this card as much as I enjoyed making it!

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day! 
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment