Friday, February 5, 2016

Aloha Hawaiian Shirt Tags {02/05/2016}

I love Hawaii, and everything Hawaiian ... so, it was really fun to make these Hawaiian Shirt tags and cards. Let's say Aloha!

 

I made both Thank You cards (with an actual card base) and Aloha tags. I made (cough, cough) 50 of these! What a production! It took several hours, over several nights ... but it was worth it! I searched Pinterest and found a Hawaiian Shirt card tutorial, and adapted it to the size here. I ended up using Lawn Fawn's Stitched Journaling Card die. This really sped up my process, since I had to make 150 of the journaling cards (one for the front, one for the card/tag front base, and one for the back).I also die cut a small ribbon banner that I used as a pocket. I distressed these too, to match the shirts. I stamped the flower from Lawn Fawn's Wish You Were Here, Too stamp set (with Alaska and Hawaii! my two favorite states!! I am originally from Alaska, and my sweet baboo is from Hawaii!!).

For the front, I blended 2-3 distress inks on 50 of the journaling cards. Once the ink was dry, I stamped on several different styles of hawaiian border stamps from the now closed (so sad) Island Paperie. Here is a photo of one of the border stamps. I stamped them across the front, on the lower part of the shirt. After I stamped the shirt front, I used my paper trimmer and cut each shirt front down the middle. I distress inked all edges of the shirt with black distress ink, then adhered the shirts to a black journaling card die cut for the front base. I also added in the shirt collar in this step, so the seams of the collar were hidden between the front panel and front base. Then, to finish it off, I adhered the pocket and added a die cut piece of fun foam below it for dimension, and squeezed on four drops of liquid pearls for buttons.

 

Here is a shot of a whole bunch of them all laid out on the table, letting the liquid pearls buttons dry before assembling everything.


Here is another shot of the buttons, which also highlights some of the different Hawaiian border stamps I used.
 

I also love honu, which is the Hawaiian word for green sea turtles. Hawaiian culture has these honu images as petroglyphs. I love this border stamp, and instead of stamping it horizontal across the bottom of the shirt front, I decided to make these honu swimming up the shirt. I also stamped out the littlest honu at the top onto the pocket, and arranged it so the image was fairly seamless. I liked this look.



For the Hawaiian shirts that were tags, I stamped geckos with green ink, around my sentiment. I layered the sentiment tag to the back of the shirt front. These all came together and created a fun double-sided tag.

 

After the tags and cards were all done, I began an assembly line of packaging together little Hawaiian candy gifties and thank yous. Here are some of them that I created.

 

I really enjoyed making these little gifties, even though it was a lot of work. But, the Hawaiian shirt cards turned out awesome! I hope you enjoyed them too.

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day! 

Chris

2 comments:

  1. These are amazing! All the time it took to create these was definitely worth it! Love how you altered the ribbon die to create your pockets too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous work Chris! I can't believe you did all these, but what a bunch of fun you have created! Love the little honus! and how your little pockets are popped up. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete