Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Disco Dancing {02/17/2016}

Today's card is a fun and sassy disco dancer from Sparkle N Sprinkle! Let's check her out:


Sparkle N Sprinkle has four new neon glitters, and I used ALL of them in this card! And, several of the Nuance water color powders too. I just went for it. I used Sparkle N Sprinkle's new Disco Fever 772 stamp set. I stamped out the dancer, and all of the sentiments in the stamp set with black pigment ink on water color paper. I then heat embossed Clear Detail Embossing Powder [EP280] over the image and sentiments. Then, I dropped on some Nuance powders: Nuance-Turquoise [MNU001], Nuance-Red [MNU015], and Nuance-Bright Yellow [MNU002]. I spritzed water onto the loose powders. This caused the colors to explode and burst all across the page. It is really fun and a great way to make your own background!


I also stamped out the dancer again, fussy cut her out, and colored her with water colors, adhered foam tape under her, and added her over the image already stamped on the card panel. This gave her dimension over the busy background. I added all four of the neon glitters to her, using the Quicky Sakura Glue Pen. Her green bracelets and earrings are covered with Exhilirated! Green Glitter [G1134], her dress swirls with Electrified! Yellow Glitter [G1135] and Energized! Orange Glitter [G1133], and her headband and scarf with Exulted! Pink Glitter [G1132].

Her boots were also decorated. I again used the Quicky Sakura Glue Pen and adhered Intense Teal Sparkle N Soft [SS120] onto her boot tops, and more Exulted! Pink Glitter [G1132] to her boot bottoms. Here is a close up:
Even though the background is busy, I wanted to add a bit more "DISCO" into it. I sprinkled on some Super Thick Silver Enameled Embossing Powder [EP467], and heated it from the bottom. This gave a really fun splash of silver randomly around the card.
To finish off and frame the card, I die cut a scalloped square from white cardstock, and swiped the edges with Versamark Ink Pad [VM-001], then dumped on Super Thick Gold Opaque Embossing Powder [EP235] and heated it from the bottom. The super chunky embossing powder will fly away if you heat it from the top, so always heat this type of powder from the bottom. I adhered the card front to the scalloped base with 1/2" Double-sided "Tear-ific" Tape [SAT04] to hold it all together.

I hope this fun, sassy disco dancer puts a smile on your face. Here's hoping I am as sassy and fun as she is, when I am her age!

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day! 

Chris

1 comment:

  1. This is a riot! Love the "colorful" background that you created! Granny dancer looks like she's just having a ball (of the disco kind)!

    ReplyDelete