Friday, August 4, 2017

Pretty Dress Mom Card (#31/52) {08.04.2017}

Hi! Today's card is Operation Use A Stamp In My Stash That I Have Never Used ... so this is what I used. This stamp is "Mia" by Julie Nutting Mixed Media Stamp Prima Marketing Inc. I love this stamp, even though it isn't what I normally gravitate towards. Yet, this stamp has been lingering in my stash for a few years. I can't remember how long I have had it. So nice to shop from our own stash. We have so many great things that we just don't quite get too as often as we want! Anyhoo, here is the card I created. I wasn't sure what I wanted for the background, but went ahead and did something simple. I stamped out the image onto dark blue sparkly cardstock in black Versafine ink. Then, I sprinkled on Sparkle N Sprinkle's Clear Detail embossing powder and heat set it. Then, I colored in the image with Prismacolor colored pencils. Here is the card.

The Clear Detail embossing powder was perfect for this dress. Even though it is clear, it had some shine to it, which I tried to capture in this photo. I matted the image with black cardstock, and adhered it to a white card base. This is also a "business sized" card which I don't do often either but sure is easy to do and fun!

I think my Mommy will like this. It is pretty simple, but the colors are pretty and I think that she will like it. Her favorite color is blue, so hence, I went with that as part of my theme :)

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment