Monday, May 22, 2017

Moonlight Birthday Card {05.22.2017}

I made my brother (my only sibling...) a birthday card. I struggle with masculine cards, but I had to create something, so this is what I came up with...

To make the card, I die cut several cardstock colors using Memory Box's Grassland Collage die. I layered a strip of 2-1/2" "Tear-ific" Tape from Sparkle N Sprinkle onto a cardstock panel and then laid the black "frame" of the image on top of the tape. Then, I inlaid the green and blue cardstock pieces, that I had previously cut, inside the black image. Then, I sprinkled on some of Sparkle N Sprinkle's Nuvo Gilding Flakes into the moon. I did a few small splops of Radiant Gold gilding flakes, and then dumped on a bunch of Silver Bullion gilding flakes. I burnished the flakes in, and brushed them off with a stencil brush to get all the excess flakes removed.

I like the clean lines of this card, and that this card could be universal. It worked out great as a simple masculine, clean-lines, birthday card. I hope my brother likes it!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun little card! Great idea to inlay the different colors and the moon is fantastic with the silver and gold gilding flakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Chris, perfect for a 'male'. I too struggle with masculine cards and just made 57 of the 'things' for Tutti Designs, you can imagine how I lost my mind over that assignment...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a fabulous masculine card for your brother's BD, Chris! Congratulations on your new DT Acceptance! I see that Caz has introduced you to the group - SO EXCITED! huggers, de

    ReplyDelete