Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Sparkle N Sprinkle Eskimo Kisses Shaker Card Snow Globe [08.17.2016]

Today's card is one I designed for Sparkle N Sprinkle, using one of their amazing new stamps released for August 2016! I just love this Eskimo Kisses [788] stamp set, and turned it into a snow globe. Let's check it out.
I started out by covering a piece of cardstock with two strips of 2-1/2" Double Sided Tear-ific Tape [SAT11] side by side (with a teeny bit of overlap to make sure there were no gaps in the tape coverage). I pulled off the release paper, and then dumped on a pile of Cloud Nine Velvet (microfine) Semi-transparent Glitter [GM2000]. I burnished it in with my finger tool, and covered the entire surface with super sparkly, velvet glitter! Boom! Here is a photo of it in progress.
Next, I stamped the image from Eskimo Kisses [788] stamp set, and colored it in with Copic Markers. Yes! You CAN use Copic Markers on top of Velvet Glitters! Such a cool way to get a lot of sparkle and an interesting background all at once :) Then, I used a circle die cut to cut it out to make the globe part of a snow globe. Here is what it looked like after it was colored and cut out.  I love the sparkle that came through, even where the image was colored with Copics! So cool!!!
To make the snow globe top, I used the same size circle die cut to cut a circle from the Embossable Clear Acetate [99602]. This made the perfect size circle to cover the shaker part of the snow globe. I stamped a sentiment from the Eskimo Kisses [788] stamp set, with Versamark Ink [VM-001], and then sprinkled on Red Apple Embossing Powder [EP262] and heat embossed it. This acetate works really well and doesn't warp. However, I always warm up my heat tool before I bring it to my project to make sure it is hot. This way it melts the embossing powder fast with even a less chance of warping.
I also cut a circle from fun foam to give my shaker some depth to allow the sequins to move. I adhered everything together, then dumped in a mixture of sequins and little bits. Here is what it looked like before I added the acetate layer.

After laying everything together, I adhered the acetate over the top of the fun foam, and covered it with another die cut circle scallop frame. Here is a close up of the shaker. I tried to show the acetate layer with the light reflection since it is hard to see because it is transparent!

Here is a close up of the kissey part of the image. This image is so sweet. I just love this little person snuggling up with this sweet snowman! That sparkle!!! Swoon!
I always want a little bit more ... and this was no different. I wanted to ground my shaker snow globe with a background. I dry embossed a piece of white cardstock with a snowflake embossing folder. Then, I rubbed some Versamark Ink [VM-001] over the raised parts, and sprinkled some Silver Lightning Embossing Powder [EP262] and heat set it. I also adhered a strip of 1/4" Double Sided "Tear-ific" Tape [SAT01]. I pulled off the release paper, and burnished in some Princess Anna Royal Glitter [G1124]. This gave a bit of a pop and some more pizazz. Here is a close up of the background and frame.

To finish off the snow globe, I die cut a piece of cardstock, embossed it with a wood grain embossing folder. I ink blended some darker ink over it to add some visual texture. I placed the die cut base below the globe, and this card was done.

I hope you enjoyed it! Go and check out Sparkle N Sprinkle other new stamp sets for August - you won't be disappointed!

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day! 

Chris

1 comment:

  1. Great use of all those SNS products. Love your sparkly snow globe.

    ReplyDelete