Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Sparkle N Sprinkle Country Flowers Magic Slider Card [06.15.2016]

Hello! THANKS for stopping by and checking out another creation that I have designed just for you, as a Sparkle N Sprinkle designer. Today's card is using one of Sparkle N Sprinkle's new stamp sets for June. I used the Country Flowers stamp set [786]. This set has the most gorgeous bouquet of flowers, in a sweet little tin. Here it is:
I designed this as a MAGIC SLIDER card ... and whoo hoo! Let's check out the MAGIC SLIDER that is hiding here. I layered a copy of acetate with the stamped image over a solid white piece of cardstock ... which is covering the colored image that you can't see when the slider is closed. Here is the slider pulled partially open:
See how it reveals the colored image below! And, here is a shot of it about halfway pulled open, revealing half of the colored image below.
And, another shot of the slider being slid almost all the way open.
And, the final, full reveal of the colored image below the acetate!
Now, let's chat about the card! I used Sparkle N Sprinkle's Country Flowers stamp set [786]. I stamped out the image on the center of a piece of white cardstock. I also stamped the same image on a piece of Clear Embossable Acetate 99602. The acetate is part of the magic part of the card! I colored the white cardstock image with Copic markers. I built the slider part by layering the acetate stamped image over the colored image, and inserted a piece of white cardstock between the two. This gets pulled up to reveal the colored image below.

I die cut a frame with a scalloped die, and layered it over the slider mechanism and the image. I stamped out the sentiment with black ink, and trimmed the ends into a fishtail banner shape. I wanted to tie in the sentiment a bit with the frame, so decided to add some glitter to the edge. I wrapped a strip of 1/8" Double-sided Tear-ific Tape across both the top and bottom of the sentiment banner, and burnished in the amazing and bright Energized Orange Glitter [G1133]. This really added a nice spin to the sentiment.  But, I wanted MORE! So I pulled out the incredible Crystal Nuvo Drops. I used the Ebony Black 650N and Ripened Pumpkin 665N. I added some drops with both of these colors on the sentiment banner and also added some drops on the frame around the sentiment too.

While this was all done, I still felt I needed a better base for the card, especially since the slider mechanism needs some vertical space, so I decided to create a larger base for the card. I pulled out the super-duper Super Adhesive Sheets [SAS02]. I pulled off the back of adhesive, and layered the sheet over a piece of white cardstock. Then, I did the "Kiss" Technique. I layered my swirly die cut over the adhesive-covered cardstock, and ran it through my die cut machine. It gave enough pressure that it cut through the adhesive but didn't cut all the way through the cardstock. i pulled out the pieces of the adhesive cover sheet that revealed the adhesive between the swirls. I burnished in some Ballerina Velvet Glitter (microfine) [GM2024]. After this, I pulled off the rest of the adhesive sheet pieces to reveal the swirls, and then burnished in some Black Ice Glitter [G1020]. This made a really fun background for the card base. Here is a close up of the background.
Then, once that was all done, I layered a piece of the really fun Pull Ribbon MONR11 White 3 Silver 7/8" ribbon. I wrapped the ribbon around the base, and then cut another piece of ribbon, about 12 inches long, grabbed the two string ends, pulled the ends together, and ended up with a nice bow! I tied the bow onto the ribbon around the base, and had a nice grounding for the main image. Here is the ribbon.
This card was really fun to make, and it was so much fun to have the magic slider reveal the colored image under the uncolored image. Here is the card with the slider closed.

I hope this card makes you smile. I sure loved making it! Check out all the great stamps, embossing powders, glitter, and more at Sparkle N Sprinkle! You will be glad you did :)

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day! 

Chris

1 comment:

  1. What a super fun card Chris! Love all the different details you've put in to this - including the fun slider design. The Kiss Cut technique background is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete