Monday, October 1, 2012

Washi Thanks (10/01/2012)

Another day, another Thank You card ... but with a T*W*I*S*T (or at least A*D*H*E*S*I*V*E) tee hee!

Let's say HELLO right now!


I made this Thank You card pretty quickly ... you know how it goes, all of a sudden you need a Thank You card, and just need to whip it out in a few minutes - that was today!  I pulled out my trusty Lawn Fawn Many Thanks stamp set, and my box-o-Washi tape.  I also pulled out a random piece of cardstock for the card base - and viola, it was pink.   I cut a panel and decided to cover it in Washi tape.  I coordinated my Washi tape by trying to make it go with pink (originally was heading toward monochromatic) and pulled out some white/black (with silver & gold highlights) and started adhering strips on the panel.  It felt like I needed a bit more color, so also pulled out a thin green polka dotted Washi tape.  Kept repeating the pattern until the front was covered.  I trimmed the edges of the tape that hung over the edges. 

Then I stamped the sentiment on a smaller piece of white cardstock, and added on some Spun Sugar Distress Ink to color the cardstock and inked the edges too.  I adhered everything together, then used my Martha Stewart glitter glue in hot pink to add a little sparkle to the candy swirls and corraled the sentiment.  Let's peek a little closer:


This was one of the fastest cards I have ever made - but I think it is fun, bright, colorful and will hopefully help convey how much I appreciate my friend.

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment