Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Sparkle N Sprinkle: Happy Flowers {05.10.2017}

Check out this new stamp set from Sparkle N Sprinkle for their May release! I used Happy Flowers stamp set ... I stamped it multiple times to make a row of flowers with some strategic masking. Here is my fun and happy card full of flowers! 

I stamped the flower stamp, masked them, and stamped some more. After I stamped out the flowers, I colored the leaves and flowers, and then sparkled them up with glitters! I used the Nuvo Glue Pen Small tip pen to roll out adhesive onto the flowers and leaves. I used Misty Isles glitter on the leaves, and Ballerina glitter on the flowers. Here is a close up of the row of flowers and all their bling! 

And, a better close up of the flowers. I colored them with two distress ink colors, but the Ballerina glitter really made them pop! I adhered some with foam tape to add more dimension. 

The sentiment was a lot of fun. I treated my cardstock with my Anti Static Bag, and then stamped out the sentiment in Versamark Ink and sprinkled on Concord embossing powder. I heat set it and then die cut into a circle and blended some light purple distress ink while the die was still in place. Then, I cut a strip of 1/2" Double-sided "Tear-ific" Tape, and made a glitter ribbon. I dredged the tape strip through Hanauma Bay glitter. Then, I peeled off the release paper from the other side of the "Tear-ific" Tape and dredged it through the glitter pile again, and burnished in the glitter. This made a cool glitter ribbon! I also applied more "Tear-ific" Tape to the back of the sentiment circle. I adhered the glitter ribbon by pushing it into the tape on the back, and followed around the edge of the circle and made a bit of a rosette by bunching up the glitter ribbon as I went along. This is really easy and fun to do! Check it out! 

I die cut my cardstock panel after I stamped the flowers (and before I added the dimension and glitters). I framed it onto the cardstock base. I covered the edges of the front of the cardstock base with 1-1/2" Double-sided "Tear-ific" Tape and pressed the card panel into the tape. Then, I burnished in Lacy Lilac glitter which really made the white card panel pop! And, oh la la, that Lacy Lilac glitter is so gorgeous! I also added a drop of Carnation Pink Crystal Drops to the corners of the panel, and doodled inside the open loops in the sentiment too. Just for more fun! 

This was a really fun card to make. I love this stamp set and see it getting a lot of use in the future! I hope you enjoyed this card too. 

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day! 

-Chris 

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

3 comments:

  1. oooooooooooooh! How BEAUTIFUL! Sparkling purple to set the stage of your pretty purple posies. Your die cut is one of my faves - it's a fantastic shape, isn't it? The photography is REALLY GREAT! I can no longer achieve that sparkle - I think my "auto" cameras in my devices are designed to remedy what the cameras imagine is a boo boo LOL

    Glittery, handmade ribbon, detailed fussy cutting, and a gorgeous garden all contribute to your delightful masterpiece, Chris. Happy Wednesday! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous creation, Chris! Love the gorgeous array of purples, together with just the right amount of sparkle! What a wonderful card Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much beautiful 'bling' here Chris. I bet you sure had fun making this beauty.

    ReplyDelete