Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Cherry Blossoms Cards {05.31.2017}

Today's cards are FULL of cherry blossoms!!! Boom! I LOVE them :) Let's check them out.


I made a few of these cards since I had all the stuff out. It is easier to make two or three at a time of the same design then just one. I started by doing some ink smooshing with water color cardstock. I smooshed some blue distress inks onto my craft mat, then spritzed the ink smooshes with water. Then, I dredged my watercolor cardstock through the inky water. This was for my background. I repeated the same idea with pink inks for the blossoms and brown inks for the branches. Then, I set the watercolor cardstock aside to dry. Once all the paper was dry, I die cut the background using Lawn Fawn's Stitched Journaling Card die, and Spellbinders Cherry Blossoms for the branches and flowers.

I also spritzed the cherry blossoms with a gold shimmer spray. It is hard to see in these photos, but in real life, it adds just a little extra oomph and makes it even prettier :)

I did two different sentiments on the inside. Here is one of them, using Alt E New's Many Thanks stamp set. I used Gina K Designs pink inks, and stamped the sentiment using my MISTI stamping positioner. I inked up the sentiment with my lighter pink ink, then added in some darker pink ink onto the bottom of the sentiment, then I stamped it. I reinked a second time, using the same process, to get a good solid, crisp ink transfer.

I stamped others with this sentiment, from Alt E New's Beautiful Day stamp set, using the same two inks from above, and the same technique.

These were really fun to make ... Cherry blossoms make me so happy, and I love how these turned out.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

3 comments:

  1. Fun and pretty! Love the way you did the sentiments on the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are darling! Now you have some on hand for any occasion! I admire the placement of the tee-tiny cherry (or should I say cheery?) blossoms (since they definitely will cheer up the recipient! Have a great day, Chris! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, these are so dainty and pretty!! Great idea to make several, too, anyone receiving one of these will be pleasantly surprised!

    ReplyDelete