Friday, July 6, 2012

Sending Platypus Hugs (07/06/2012)

Today's card has a platypus.  Let's say hello:


I made a get-well card for a friend, and I wanted it to be fun and funny ... she loves Phineas and Ferb, so this seemed like just the ticket!  I made a card from cardstock, then cut a panel from one of Lawn Fawn's Bright Sides Collection Kit patterned papers.  I added a little somethin' by stamping a stitched border from Belinda's Borders.  I then created my own framed panel on white cardstock by stamping some scallops, also from Belinda's Borders (I totally scraplifted this idea from Lawn Fawn's 06/17/12 Belinda's Borders blog post).

I used more border designs (the swirly and the hatch marks) to fill in the framed image, and stamped the sentiment from the On the Mend stamp set.  I also stamped the band-aid from the same set onto a colored cardstock, and fussy cut it. 


I stamped the platypus from the Critters Down Under stamp set, Copic markered it, and fussy cut it as well.  I had to turn this little guy into Perry, so I pulled out my Hat's Off to You set, stamped out the fedora, colored it in like Perry's hat, and topped off the platypus with it.



I hope this little card cheers Kelly up, and lets her know we are thinking of her and sending her hugs (and a platypus!).

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment