Monday, July 23, 2012

Happy Monday! (07/23/2012)

We all need a Happy Monday card now and again:
A friend who knows I like to make cards, made a joke recently about wanting a "happy monday" card ... and since he wished for it, he got it!

I used a card from a big-box store card & envelope set, and cut a patterned paper panel from Lawn Fawn's Bright Side Collection kit paper to use.  I also stamped out the "may all your dreams come true" sentiment from the Critters Ever After set, in rainbow colors on the card.  Then, I filled in the rest of the space above the patterned paper area with the same sentiment but in a softer ink to create a bit of a patterned paper effect with the sentiment.  Here is a close-up:
And, heck, if we are dreaming, why don't we dream big and wish for a griffin?  So, I stamped out the griffin from Critters Ever After, and colored it in with Copic markers and fussy cut it.  I layered it over the patterned paper.

I also stamped out the "happy monday" sentiment with Quinn's ABCs in rainbow colors with the Petite Paper Pack patterned paper.  I white heat embossed the sentiment letters and adhered them to the patterned paper.  I finished it off with a sweet bow using Lawn Fawn's Lawn Trimmings cord.   Check it out:
I don't like the look of ribbon or stuff wrapped through the "inside" of the card, so I cut the lawn trimming cord long enough to stretch across only the front of the card, and then cut another piece and tied it in a bow onto the first cord piece. This way, the bow could slide along the straight cord and I could place it exactly where I wanted it.  Once I had the placement figured out, I used my crystal 3-d glue stuff and squeezed out a thin line of glue, stretched the straight cord out and placed it on the glue.  I held it tight for a few seconds, then trimmed off the ends.  I ended up with a tied bow, without having the cord wrapped through the inside of the card.

I know Dan enjoyed this card, and hopefully his Monday was even happier because of it! 

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Love these papers and I love that you stamped the one line in rainbow colors!

    ReplyDelete