Friday, June 22, 2012

Honu Mahalo (06/22/2012)

Sometimes ya just need a honu!  Let's say HI to today's card:


This is a Mahalo (thank you) card for a honu (turtle) pendant that I got from a wire sculpture artist.  We met Ben during some recent travel, and this talented young man made me a honu . . . one of my favorite animals!

I felt compelled to make him a Honu Mahalo card to show my appreciation of his great art.  Here is my pendant that Ben made:


Ben's business is Twisted Inspirations.  He does 3-D and 2.5-D wire sculptures and some jewelry.  Check him out!

I made a simple card, and used Lawn Fawn's Belinda's Borders to anchor the top & bottom.  I stamped out some honu and the Mahalo sentiment on Lawn Fawn's Bright Sides Collection patterned paper.  I tossed on some washi tape, and did some stiching in white for a little extra pop.  Popped up the honu with popdots, and I was done.

Thanks again Ben for the fabulous pendant - I love it!

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment