Monday, June 25, 2012

Happy 15 Years Tails A Wagging (06/25/2012)

Today's card is to honor our local doggie daycare and training facility - which recently celebrated their 15th anniversary in business.  They are fabulous, and I wanted to make them a card to say thanks for all that they do, for the doggies they care for, and the other animals they champion as well.  Let's say HEY to the card shall we?


I used LOTS of critters from Lawn Fawn.  They have 7 Critters sets, and I used six of them:  Critters in the 'Burbs (dog, cat, bunny), Critters Ever After (unicorn, frog), Critters on the Farm (cow, pig, chicken, mouse), Critters in the Forest (raccoon, log, fox, hedgehog), Critters Down Under (koala), and Critters in the Snow (penguin). 

I also used Harold's ABCs for the sentiment, and Quinns 123s for the "15" on the sentiment.  And, I used Lawn Fawn's Bright Sides Collection Kit patterned paper for the hill in the background and the Petite Paper Pack for the patterned paper that I stamped "15" on, and then fussy cut out. 

This was a fun card to make ... I stamped all sorts of critters, then colored them with Copic markers.  I fussy cut all of them out, and layered them around until they looked right.  I made sure there were 15 critters too, one for every year :)  Go ahead, count them ... I'll wait ... told ya :)  And, I did two dogs, one for Cooper and one for Dobbie, our two dogs.  Here is a close-up:


I layered the critters with various levels of pop-dots to try to show different dimension.  I also cut out a banner for the sentiment, and colored it with Distress Ink to soften it and make it a little sky-like.  I adhered the critters and background on a cardstock panel, and then adhered it to the card I made from one full sheet of 8.5" x 11" paper.  Before I adhered it though, I colored it a little with the Distress Ink as well, to offset the card itself from the cardstock panel.


It is hard to tell here, but I glitter-penned the unicorn horn to make it shiny.  It looks much more sparkly in person, the photo didn't work well.

This was a really fun card to make, and I really hope Angi and the other folks at Tails A Wagging like all the critters!  They do a fabulous job and have been making dogs lives better for 15 years!

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment