Monday, June 18, 2012

Dad's Day Card (06/18/2012)

Let's just get to it, and meet today's card shall we?


It is a Dad's Day Card!!  I stole (borrowed?, copied?) an idea I saw on the Paper Crafts blog, and another idea on Lawn Fawn's blog ... and joined the two.  The Paper Crafts idea was using popsicle sticks as a wood background.  Lawn Fawn had a cool typewriter with a message - and I figured Dad's like woodmaking, and they are also "old style" so I put them together.  I stamped some paper clips from Lawn Fawn's Just My Type (as well as the typewriter), and created a custom sentiment from a combination of alphabets and stamp sets from Lawn Fawn.

I used some washi tape to anchor the "wood" and popped up the copic colored typewriter with pop-dots.  The top part was a little bit empty, so I added one chevron strip from Lawn Fawn's Chevron Backdrops set. 

I also stamped the inside, here is what I did:


This was pretty simple - I am still not the best as masculine cards, but I keep trying!  Happy Father's Day!!!

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment