Thursday, September 17, 2015

Tropical Stamp Set (09/17/2015)

Sparkle N Sprinkle has the most amazing beach and water stamp sets, and I just had to make a tropical sunset with all the accouterments of being at the beach! Let's check out the card I made:
15-0917_01_Tropical_Front
I stamped out a lot of the images in the Tropical Stamp Set 158, and colored them with Copic markers, and then fussy cut them out. I also die cut out a scalloped circle, and a little bit smaller circle to help highlight the sunset. I also used Distress Inks and blended on some sunset colors. After I made the background sunset with ink, I covered the darker part of the sunset with Evening Glow Semi-transparent Glitter G1086, and the lighter part with Daisy Velvet Glitter (microfine) Semi-transparent GM2019. I adhered both of these with Brushable Glue 540.
I stamped the sentiment with Versamark Ink Pad VM-001 and sprinkled on White Detail Embossing Powder EP298, and heat set it. I then cut out the sentiment with a label die. While the die was still in place, I ink blended a Distress ink over the white cardstock and white embossing powder. The embossed sentiment resisted the ink, and the white stood out over the colored background. Keeping the die around the paper, while inking it, allowed the die to frame the sentiment as well. I also used Brushable Glue 540 to adhere a short strip of Pearl Mesh Small MON21 to the sentiment label. Here is what it looked like close up:

15-0917_02_Tropical_Sentiment
I stamped out some of the images in the Tropical Stamp Set 158, and colored them with Copic markers. Below is the sweet shell. I love it! I colored it in soft pink shades, and then used my Sakura Glue Pen to adhere Bubble Gum Semi-transparent Glitter G1088 to the shell. I added a single Pearl Mesh Large MON20 pearl to the center.

15-0917_03_Tropical_Shell
Every beach needs palm trees, and this awesome stamp set doesn't disappoint! I stamped out, colored, and fussy cut out some palm trees. I added some additional color to the palm fronds with the beautiful Easy Green Semi-transparent Glitter G1077 with Brushable Glue 540 to add a little more something-something to the palm tree. I love this color and what it adds to the image :)
15-0917_04_Tropical_PalmTree
Starfish are totes adorbs too, and this stamp set includes the cutest starfish. After coloring the starfish, I added Brushable Glue 540 and Daisy Velvet Glitter (microfine) Semi-transparent GM2019. I added a little sweet small pearl from the Pearl Mesh Small MON21 to complete the starfish.
15-0917_05_Tropical_Starfish
The last image I put on this card was the sweet sand dollar. One of my favorite types of shells. When I am beach combing, and come across a sand dollar, I always pick it up :) I love them! I kept this one fairly simple, with just a hint of color, with Celestial Semi-transparent Glitter G1031, adhered with Brushable Glue 540
15-0917_06_Tropical_SandDollar
I love spending time on the beach, beach combing, and looking for amazing and beautiful shells. I love palm trees, and sunsets too. This Tropical Stamp Set 158 has it all! 

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment