Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Sparkle Brighter! (09/23/2015)

This month's theme at Sparkle N Sprinkle is Beach / Water. I saw this image in Sparkle N Sprinkle's Palm Hammock Digital Stamp Set Digi731s and since I have a thing for Slippers, Flip Flops, Thongs, whatever you call these little beach shoes, I knew I had to make a card using repeating slippers, with one of them UNIQUE and standing out! Here is the card:

I used the digital image. I created a document and pasted in the slippers. I sized them to what I wanted, and then copied and pasted the image multiple times to create the card. I then flipped one of the slippers so that it was pointed the other direction to make it unique. (I am all about being UNIQUE and standing out!!) To make this slipper "more special" I colored it with Copic markers, and then used Sparkle N Sprinkle's Brushable Glue 540 to adhere glitters. I brushed on the glue for each area, then sprinkled on the glitters. I used Raspberry Soda Semi-transparent Glitter G1052 for the top part of the slippers, Bubble Gum Semi-transparent Glitter G1088 for the little flowers, and Evening Glow Semi-transparent Glitter G1086 for the orange part of the slippers. The sparkle in real life is incredible, this photo doesn't quite capture the full effect. I also used Copic markers to color in a soft, light blue background, to give the slippers more depth.


For the sentiment, I stamped out a sentiment from the Sparkle Brighter Stamp Set 635, which was the PERFECT sentiment for this card and what my Unique Slipper was trying to portray :) . I stamped out the sentiment with a pink pigment ink, and then die cut it. After die cutting out the sentiment panel, I covered the entire front with Versamark Ink Pad VM-001, and then sprinkled on Sparkle Semi-transparent Embossing Powder EP107, and heat set it. This made the entire surface of the sentiment label all sparkly! Love it! I also created a coordinating frame one size bigger to go behind the sentiment label. I cut out a square, and adhered 3/4" Double-sided "Tear-ific" tape SAT05 adhered to the edges. I die cut out the next size up with the scalloped square. I removed the release paper, and sprinkled on Pretty Princess G1109 glitter. Here is the sentiment and frame:


I die cut out the entire card panel, and a coordinating frame as well using the same scalloped square dies. I did the same as above with the outer frame: Covered the edges of a square piece of paper with 3/4" Double-sided "Tear-ific" tape SAT05, removed the release paper, and sprinkled on Pretty Princess G1109 glitter. This glitter is simply stunning!
I think all of us need to Sparkle Brighter and this card is a great reminder that we all are special and should embrace what makes us unique! Be kind, be friendly, be unique and fun!


Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day! 

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment