Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Think Pink (09/09/2015)

Hi! I kinda have a thing for pink, and when I saw these flamingos from Sparkle N Sprinkle in the Flamingo Bay Stamp Set 512, I just knew I had to make some pink flamingos in water! Here is what I made:
15-0909_01_ThinkPink_Front
I die cut out an oval shape from white cardstock, and then stamped out the silhouette flamingo with pink pigment ink in the middle, and covered it with Super Thick Clear Semi-transparent Embossing Powder EP230. This embossing powder is really chunky, so I kept the card panel flat and heated it from below. This kept the embossing powder from accidentally rolling off the image. I repeated flamingos, in a row, across the oval and heat set them as I went. The embossing powder is really thick, and it made the flamingos look like they had feathers too - just enough texture to give it body while still being really thick and smooth.
15-0909_02_ThinkPink_FlamingosClearEP
After stamping and embossing the flamingos, I cut a post-it note as a mask, with a slight arch to frame the water shape. I laid down the masking paper and used distress ink to color the water. Once that was done, I removed that mask, placed the other part of the mask down over the water that I just colored, and ink blended distress ink as the background.
15-0909_03_ThinkPink_Flamingos
Here is another closeup of the incredible embossing powder. That Super Thick Clear Semi-transparent Embossing Powder EP230 is awesome!
15-0909_04_ThinkPink_ClearEP
I framed the flamingo oval with a strip of Diamond Mesh Pink MON8. To do this, I laid down some Brushable Glue 540, and then layered the pink mesh over it. I also sprinkled a bit of Bubble Gum Semi-transparent Glitter G1088 to cover up the remaining adhesive that was still showing. This pink mesh is really awesome!
15-0909_05_ThinkPink_PinkMesh
I stamped out the sentiment from the Flamingo Bay Stamp Set 512, using White Detail Embossing Powder EP298, and heat set it. I cut out the sentiment with a banner die. After cutting the die, but while the paper was still inside the die frame, I blended distress ink over the white cardstock to make it pink. I did some blending, so the edges were darker while the inside was lighter, but still dark enough that the white embossed sentiment was visible. The white embossing powder resists the ink, so it pops out.
15-0909_06_ThinkPink_SentimentBanner
These flamingos make me smile - they are so pink and fun. Go Pink Power!
I hope you are having a wonderful day. Thanks so much for stopping by the Sparkle N Sprinkle blog!

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day! 
 Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment