Friday, August 31, 2012

Believe in Your Dreams (08/31/2012)

Sometimes we need to be reminded to believe in our dreams, and that is what today's card does:
A friend is off to a great adventure, and I am so proud of him!  He is going to China to teach English for a year.  I made this card to wish him well on his journey and adventure.  I wanted a Chinese theme, and my Cuttlebug bamboo embossing folder was just the trick!  I also stamped out some lanterns onto green vellum using Lawn Fawn's Lunar Lights.  I hung the lanterns from some twine (that I pulled apart and used only two strands, since it was too thick).  I strung the twine through two eyelets instead of wrapping it under the card panel.  This gave it a different look I must say (THANKS Terri for the tip!).  I also colored the twine with Tea Dye distress ink to darken it a little.

To keep it masculine, I didn't really do any embellishments and kept it monochromatic.  I matted the black cardstock panel with shimmery green paper from my stash, and made the card base from black as well.  For the sentiment, I used Lawn Fawn's Flutter By stamp set and used black embossing powder.  I also copic colored two pearls to dot the i's.  I triple matted the sentiment, to pop it up off the black background. 

I wish Kevin lots of luck during his year abroad, and know that he will have countless, amazing experiences!  Good luck to you, my friend!

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment