Friday, August 3, 2012

Happy Birthday Expo Make & Take (08/03/2012)

I recently attended the Puyallup Scrapbook Expo and did some make & takes.  Here is one of them:


This make & take was at a big box store's vendor booth.  I was really happy that they had a free make & take, and this is one of the cards I made at their booth.  They had a whole bunch of paper, with a fairly vague idea of what to do - so I chose my paper combinations and the embellishments.  I loved the green patterned paper, so that had to be front and center.  I used a yellow cardstock card, and matted my green patterned paper with a cream cardstock.  I popped up a flower die cut and added a little bling in the center.  I also adhered a ribbon around the patterned paper and mat.  I don't like ribbon inside my card - so I adhered the ribbon around the panel before I adhered it to the cardstock base. 

I also am not very skilled at bows, so I cut a small piece of ribbon, and tied it in a knot around the ribbon stretched across the card panel.  The "knotted ribbon" then is slideable, and I slid it along the ribbon until I found exactly the right spot for it.  Check out the closeup:


To finish off the card, I added a Happy Birthday sentiment rub on, and put two little colored rhinestones at the ends.

Easy peasy - and fun.  I like make & takes!

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment