Monday, August 13, 2012

Labels! (08/13/2012)

Are ya ready for it? Today's post is NOT a card, not reallly a project ... but actually an organizing thing I did!

I use Distress Inks a lot, but the thing that I like least about them, is that I can't identify which ink is which, when I have them all stacked up on my shelf.  Here are what the ink containers look like:

Notice, the color and name is on the TOP of the ink pad container, not on the edges.  When I use them, and I use them a lot!, I hate having to sift through all the containers looking for whatever color I am trying to get my hands on.

A while ago, I tried marking the edges with a silver sharpie to label the ink colors, but it was hard to read:

So, I decided to come up with a way of marking both the name and the color ... and decided to create labels, using white paper.  I cut strips of paper, wrote the ink name on it, and then colored each strip with the ink color.  Here is one of the strips cut out and colored:

Then, I adhered each strip of paper to its respective ink container, and viola!  I have easily identifiable inks!  No more stacking and restacking looking for the ink I need.  Here is how it turned out:

I am thrillled with my labels :)

Thanks for stopping by, have a magical day!

Chris

1 comment:

  1. Love this idea, Chris! I only have three colors, but I sure plan to do this when I get home!!

    ReplyDelete