Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Sparkle N Sprinkle November 2017 Reveal {11.15.2017}

Welcome to the November
Sparkle N Sprinkle New Reveal Blog Hop! 





We are pleased to reveal the following new stamp sets this month.

The sets are:



Cat's Meow 870
(Digital Version: DIGI870B)





You are definitely going to want both the digi version as well as the rubber version because when you purchase the digital versions, there are lots of extras that aren't available otherwise.  These extras can include additional images, additional sentiments, digi papers (in some cases), and a cut file.

The new sets are 20% off until the 20th of the month.  Head on over to the SNS store once you've finished the Blog Hop and start shopping.

SNS is always adding new products and new product lines to the store.  So stop by often to see what's new!


One GRAND PRIZE WINNER will be announced on the 17th of the month.  One of the Designers is our Mystery Host and the winner will be selected from comments left on her blog.  You must leave a comment on each of the Designers' blogs in order to be selected as the winner, as you never know who the Mystery Host will be.  This is checked for compliance.

The GRAND PRIZE WINNER will be announced on the SNS Facebook page and on the SNS Blog and will receive all the rubber stamp sets revealed this month.

The Blog Hop order is:
(Tip: if you have difficulty with a particular link, try clicking on the Designer's blog title to be directed to their Home page.)

Chris--You are here!
Diane
Shona
Belinda
Anne
Donna
Eret
Jess



We hope you enjoy the New Reveal Blog Hop as much as we enjoy creating new projects for it.  Be sure to visit the SNS Blog for even more inspiration.  Something new is posted most every day.



Did you know that SNS has a You-Tube Channel?  If not, then you are in for a real treat.  Subscribe today to get all the latest tips and techniques!





The Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge group is on Facebook.  
This is a closed group (just trying to keep out spammers), but we want anyone who to participate to join.  Click on the link and join in on the fun today!

The Creative Challenges run from the 1st - 25th of each month.  A SNS image (either rubber or digi) is required.  If you don't have any yet - no worries - there are some freebies located on the Home page of the SNS website.  Just scroll down the page a bit to see them.

The Creative Challenge Winner and Top Three will be posted on the last day of each month.  The winner will receive a $15 Gift Certificate to go shopping at the SNS store.

Please review all the Challenge Rules before submitting your photo 😀.  We can't wait to see what all you create using SNS images.


And, once again here is my card! I used the Botanical Orchid Flowers digi stamp.


I opened up Microsoft Publisher, and then created a new document. I inserted the orchid digital file and then clicked on the image. That created another menu "Picture Tools / Format." Then, I clicked on "Recolor" and chose the a lighter version of the actual pre-colored image. Here is a screen shot of what the menu choices looked like.  

This Botanical Orchid Flowers digi image looked so cool after I re-colored it, so I actually designed the card around the new color scheme of the image. I die cut the image using Tonic's Mixed Edge Oval Layering Basics Die Set. I also cut out the next larger oval from cream cardstock. I layered these two together, and swiped some Sakura Quickie Glue Pen around the outer edge of the inner oval and sprinkled on Evening Glow glitter. I pulled out my Tonic Framed Screens Blocked Parquet die and die cut two side-by-side images of the die and the outer frame. 


I also sparkled up the orchid itself. I rolled on more Sakura Quickie Glue Pen and sprinkled on some Cloud Nine glitter. I didn't completely cover the orchid in glitter - I followed along the flower petal veins. 

I also printed out one of the stamp set's sentiments. I also die cut this with Tonic's Mixed Edge Oval Layering Basics Die Set. I also die cut the next larger oval out of cream cardstock. I whipped out the Sakura Quickie Glue Pen again and I rolled around the edge of the inner oval, and sprinkled on Evening Glow glitter. 

Then, to finish off my card, I layered side-by-side strips of 2-1/2" Tear-ific Tape onto white cardstock. I overlapped these strips just enough to not leave any area without adhesive. Then, I die cut the largest outer frame from the Tonic Framed Screens Blocked Parquet die. Then, I peeled off the release paper, and sprinkled on Evening Glow glitter and burnished in the glitter. I mounted the Blocked Parquet screen onto foam tape, and adhered it over the Evening Glow background panel. To add the final touch, I cut a strip of the Golden Scales Craft Perfect Embossed Paper from Tonic Studios. I adhered this strip across the front of the card, right above the foam mounted oval image. 

This card was really fun to make, and I love how it turned out. It came together and it looks pretty elegant, if I do say so myself!

The next stop on the SNS Blog Hop is Diane. She has an amazing treat in store for you - you definitely want to check it out.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

41 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning Chris! Love the sepia tone and the glitter highlights are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Can’t wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS card Chris! WOW! So elegant -and I love that Tonic Background die! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Love the background

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous card I love flowers .

    ReplyDelete
  6. DELIGHTFUL card!
    LOVE the orchid, LOVE the colours and LOVE the sparkle!
    THANK YOU for INSPIRING and sharing, I haven't tried re-colouring images before, so I look forward to giving it a go, along with a touch of glitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chris, I don't even know what to say, except I want to copy this card over and over myself! LOL It's magnificent - so rich - but more than that, even with all the lovely sparkle, doesn't it just feel PEACEFUL? I have sent your link to the artist, because I know she will be thrilled with what you've done. Thank you for the glitter-ific inspiration this morning, Chris! hugs, de (PS, I love love LOVE the way you've used a single horizontal piece of the embossed paper across the top - so elegant!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You card is very elegant! It can be used for different occasions. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, this is elegant and stunning!! I love the entire color too and all the sparkle you have added, it's a beauty for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's all about the glitter. Beautiful card, I love the dies and the glitter to enhance the orchid.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm loving the background on this card. It's beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely showing of sympathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that you chose this color theme for the orchid! It goes great with all your beautiful golden hues. The background is super too. Great make Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty card Chris. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is absolutely gorgeous love the colors and love the instructions for getting them

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW, Chris, what a stunningly beautiful card. Love the color you chose. I've never used digital images. Thanks for showing me what I've been missing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super card, that image is so wonderful and I love the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just stunning! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A wonderful sympathy card and so very gorgeous and elegant with all that shimmer and shine.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This was definitely a beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful and so well done. I'd love to see a video on die cutting the tear-n-tape. I guess I'm "behind" in new techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Chris - I absolutely love the glimmer and glitz of your card! These cards are always the hardest to make but from the design to the sentiment, this is so comforting. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this card, it's so hard to make sympathy cards. Very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You did a fantastic job on making this such a beautiful card. I love the backgrounds especially. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card! The orchid is really elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stunning sparkler. Love the back ground.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This card is so beautiful. I want to make this in every color!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful card, never thought to add glitter around layered pieces

    ReplyDelete
  31. The orchids are so delicate looking and beautiful. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  32. just beautiful - the cards are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a beautiful card. Sympathy cards are always hard to think of what to do. You captured it wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete