Monday, September 18, 2017

Welcome Galaxy Background Card {09.18.2017}

Today's card is a galaxy background!!!! I colored some cardstock with pearlescent watercolor paints in random colors (greens, purples, pinks, blues). Then, I covered it with black Distress Ink by blending it over the dried pearlescent watercolors with an ink blending tool. I spritzed on some water and blotted the drops away to give more dimension to the background. Then, I smeared on some Nuvo Moonstone Glimmer Paste I also splattered on some White Copic Opaque paint over the entire front. Then, I die cut it with a Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle die.

Here is a close up of the background and the Nuvo Moonstone Glimmer Paste. I smeared it in blotches across the galaxy, not the entire surface. You can see the glimmer along the left hand side of this panel. So pretty!

I also stamped out a Lawn Fawn sentiment on vellum, using Versamark Ink. I sprinkled on Sparkle N Sprinkle's Silver Lightning embossing powder and heat set it. I layered it across the card panel and adhered it underneath. Then, I matted the panel with black cardstock.

And, cuz I am a nerd, I created a panel for the inside of my card and stamped out a sentiment using Taylored Expression's Wonderful World stamp set. I used Versamark Ink and Silver Lightning embossing powder like the sentiment on the front.

I made this for a friend who joined my work place. I wanted to welcome her with this card and a little giftie. She will love it!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

1 comment: