Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Sparkle N Sprinkle Birdhouse Friends {09.20.2017}

Hi from Sparkle N Sprinkle Designer Chris! For today's card, showcasing one of Sparkle N Sprinkle's September release, I used the really fun Birdhouse Friends digi stamp. Because I used the pre-colored digi version, I sized the image to what I wanted. Because the image is fairly skinny and tall, I figured it would lend itself really well to a "business envelope" sized card, so that is what I did! I sized the image and printed it out with my color printer. I trimmed it to the size I wanted using the 12" Wide Base Craft Guillotine trimmer and began embellishing!

I also printed out one of the sentiments in the stamp set. I chose the "Welcome" sentiment, sized it, printed it, and the trimmed it with the 12" Wide Base Craft Guillotine into the shape and size I wanted. I trimmed another piece of cardstock a teeny bit larger, and covered it with a strip of 3/4" Tear-ific Tape. I burnished in Rapture Blue glitter into the wee bit of adhesive that stuck out. And, I rolled on some Nuvo Glue Pen Small adhesive onto the wide parts of the letters and sprinkled on more Rapture Blue glitter. This really made the sentiment sparkle!

I also added sparkle and glitter to the birds and bird houses. I used the Nuvo Glue Pen Small tip to roll out adhesive, and then sprinkled on Collegiate Garnet, Raspberry Soda, and Ballerina glitters to the birdhouse roof tiles. I also added Aquamarine glitter to the grass and leaves, and Rapture Blue to the birdies. So cute!!!

Here is a close up of the butterfly with his sweet little fly trail. I used Collegiate Garnet and Cloud Nine glitters on the wings, and Rapture Blue for the trail.

I also used Cloud Nine on the house.

I also embellished the flowers. I used the Nuvo Glue Pen Small tip adhesive to roll out adhesive onto the flowers and leaves. I sprinkled on Creamsicle and Evening Glow glitters to the flowers, and Aquamarine glitters to the leaves, stems, and grass. I wanted a base to anchor the birdhouse. So, I laid a strip of 3/4" Tear-ific Tape across the base of the card. I removed the release paper and burnished in some Aquamarine glitter. This glitter is semi-transparent so the grass base below showed through. I also created a glitter ribbon by adhering a strip of 1/4" Tear-ific Tape across the 3/4" Tear-ific Tape. I burnished in some Collegiate Garnet. I also created a ribbon by cutting about an 8" strip of 1/4" Tear-ific Tape. I pulled off the top layer of release paper. I burnished in Collegiate Garnet glitter. Then, I pulled off the bottom layer of release paper and burnished in more Collegiate Garnet to the other side. This creates a perfect ribbon that can be tied in a bow, like I did here. I tied it and then adhered it to the ribbon strip below.

I had a lot of fun with this card and it was really fun to make. I encourage you to check out this stamp set, in rubber or digi format. You will be thrilled!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

2 comments:

  1. Love this sweet little card. Great added sparkle and your little ribbon bow is the perfect finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Chris and what a creative idea with the ribbon and glitter, in fact all the glitter you have added is amazing, I see some colors, I just 'might have to have'!!

    ReplyDelete