Sunday, September 10, 2017

Bee Shadow Box Card {09.11.2017}

Hi! Today's card is a Thank You card focusing on bees. A friend of mine who is a bee keeper (and I didn't know this) recently told me that their hobby is to keep bees and jar honey. And then the next day, he brought me a jar! So, I just HAD to make a thank you card, and I knew just the stamp set to use. I pulled out my trusty Sparkle N Sprinkle Honey Bees stamp set!!! WHAT? I know right, PERFECT! Let's check out the card.

To create this card, I stamped the Sparkle N Sprinkle Honey Bees image using my Tim Holtz Stamp Platform onto white cardstock, using Versafine Black Onyx ink. I colored my images with Prismacolor pencils, then put my cardstock back into the Tim Holtz Stamp Platform and reinked it with Versafine Black Onyx ink. I sprinkled on Sparke N Sprinkle's Clear Detail embossing powder and heat set all the images. I used Lawn Fawn's new Shadow Box Card (squeal!) for the cards base. I die cut out the bee hive image with one of the pieces from the Lawn Fawn Shadow Box Card die. I die cut the box from brown cardstock. But, before the final assembly, I stamped along the outer edges with the honeycomb stamp, and sprinkled on Gold Coast embossing powder from Sparkle N Sprinkle. I heat set this, which really gave a lot of fun texture to the sides and front of the shadow box card. Here is a side view of the card, showing how much dimension this shadow box has. And, the cool thing is, it folds FLAT for mailing, and fits in a normal sized envelope (4.25 x 5.5 inches).

I also did some sentiment stamping on another panel that I adhered to the back. I die cut the rectangle using white cardstock, and stamped the sentiment "You are sweeter than honey" since this was a thank you for the gift of honey! I sprinkled on more Sparkle N Sprinkle's Gold Coast embossing powder and heat set it. I love how the sentiment turned out - it looks like the sentiment is almost dripping honey, and this embossing powder is the perfect shade of rich, wonderful honey!

This photo also helps show the dimension and the three "hill layers" that I layered into the shadow box. I had also stamped out some of the bee images from the Honey Bees stamp set, stamped them in Versafine Black Onyx ink and sprinkled on Clear Detail embossing powder. I heat set these, and then colored them with some Copic markers to add color to the bees and wings. Then, I squeezed on some Nuvo Crystal Drops in Honey Gold over the bee bodies, and White Blizzard over the wings. These Crystal Drops added a lot of sparkle! I wanted the bees to have the feel of movement, so I cut some acetate into strips, and adhered the bees to the acetate strips and adhered them behind the three hill layers. It kinda looks like the bees are floating or flying in front of the hive! I also stamped out some of the images onto an envelope too.

The honey is AMAZING! I look forward to eating more of it, and am so grateful my friend shared a jar with me. I hope he likes this card :)

Thanks for stopping by. Have a magical day!

-Chris

Sparkle N Sprinkle compensated links are used when possible.

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute!! Love that it folds down to a regular envelope too. The floating bees are the perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love your shadow box card and how perfect is this stamp set for your friend..I bet he loves it!!

    ReplyDelete